I would consider myself both lucky and a unlucky that my children enjoy seafood. Really more lucky that they are not picky but when you have to buy enough fish to serve 5, it can get pricey. I guarantee your family will eat up this Caesar Roasted Fish Recipe
I went to a local fish market to pick up the fish for this recipe because if they did not have what I needed I wanted to be sure the fish monger would have an educated opinion for another option as well as know what was the freshest.
The best advice I have heard when choosing a fish recipe is don’t be stuck on the type of fish in the recipe. Often it will not be the freshest or they won’t have any in stock. When you go to a place that you like and trust they can suggest other types of fish that would go well with the preparation method.
How to make this easy Sheet Pan Fish Dinner: Caesar Roasted Fish Recipe
I did not bring my recipe with me but asked for something close to Swordfish that would stand up to this sauce. I was given local Rock Fish. I also asked them to cut the fish in the proper serving sizes as I knew my knives were probably not as sharp as theirs.
Prepare the Sauce Ahead or While Oven Preheating
I prepared the Caesar sauce while the oven was heating. If you were entertaining and did not want all the clean up while your guests were enjoying appetizers, you could prepare the sauce earlier and just take it out to get to room temperature while you were preheating.
To make the Caesar Dressing sauce simply throw your ingredients into a Food Processor and pulse. This is my favorite Food Processor.
This was and incredibly easy but delicious dish for our family. I added the lemon wedges to the baking sheet as well. It made them super juicy.
For an easy side dish: roast vegetables like asparagus or another veggie favorite.
The kids gobbled it up. I had never cooked capers before but they added a wonderful texture to the dish. It also makes more sauce that I prefer to definitely serve some on the side for your guests to serve themselves.
This is a great and super easy recipe that is fancy enough for a dinner party or date night and easy enough to throw together for your weeknight family dinner.
When you are not trying to be budget friendly!! The clean up is even easier with as you line the cookie sheet with tinfoil.
Caesar Roasted Fish Recipe
Other Weeknight Seafood Dinner Recipes You might like:
- 2 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds striped bass steaks, 3/4 to 1 inch thick, cut into 6 portions (to serve 3 kids and 2 adults I only got 2 lbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (4 scallions)
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat a clean oven to 500 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- For the Caesar sauce, place the garlic, parsley, anchovy paste, and mustard in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade and pulse until the garlic is minced. Add the mayonnaise, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and pulse to make a smooth sauce.
- Place the fish on the pan and sprinkle both sides generously with salt and pepper. Set aside one third of the sauce to serve with the cooked fish. Spread the fish on one side with half the remaining sauce, turn the fish, and spread the remaining sauce on the second side. Sprinkle with the scallions and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Roast the fish for 10 to 12 minutes, until the center is just barely cooked. Cover the fish with aluminum foil and allow to rest on the pan for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small saute pan until very hot, add the capers, and cook for 30 to 60 seconds, until they start to pop and are a little crisp. Serve the fish hot with the lemon wedges, frizzled capers, and the reserved Caesar sauce.
Pin this for when you need a quick and easy roasted fish recipe:
This is a quick and easy fish recipe that looks as beautiful as it tastes. Experiment with different fish as well as the flavorful sauce mutes any fishy flavor.