Several Super Bowls ago I made a Chocolate Éclair Cake for a party we were hosting. One of the kids at the party raved about it for years after. When his mom had surgery recently I thought it only appropriate to make a Chocolate Éclair Cake with the dinner I was providing them.
We have updated this post since 2015 as we have made a lower fat version.
Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe
For this recipe, you will need for low-fat chocolate eclair cake
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
- Unsweetened Chocolate
- Whipped Topping
- Honey Graham Crackers
- 2% Milk
- Unsalted Butter Quarters
- Confectioners sugar
- Tub of Cream Cheese
Another reason I love this cake recipe is that you have to make it either early in the day before serving, or ideally the night before. Any make-ahead recipe sure is a big relief, especially when entertaining.
How to layer graham crackers in a 9×13 pan
Be sure to check out our Double Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipe too.
CAN I HALVE THIS RECIPE?
Since I was not making them a full cake, I was able to split this into two 8 x8 disposable pans. It’s a win-win in our house this time. However my updated post I made a full pan worth.
To Make this Chocolate Eclair Cake Recipes, simply layer the graham crackers at the bottom of your pan.
Make the pudding per the directions on the box. Add half of the Tub of whipped topping.
Layer half of the pudding mixture on the graham crackers and tops with another layer of graham crackers. Repeat.
Make super easy chocolate topping Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips, butter and vanilla. I simply melted it all in the microwave for 1 minute then stir. For low fat version use unsweetened chocolate.
Top the final layer of Graham Crackers with the chocolate mixture, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Cut with a sharp knife to serve.
Tastes amazing and a nice cool cake no bake dessert to feed a crowd for summer entertaining.
For a girls’ night out party, I recently had, I picked up a few other great food items to create a no-cook appetizer menu.
- 22 1/2 sheets graham crackers, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 2 3.4 oz package Vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 oz tub cream cheese,
- 8 oz. tub Whipped Topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Arrange 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 3 cups milk, pudding mix, and cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat at low speed of a mixer 1 minute or until thick. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture over graham crackers, and top with 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets. Repeat the procedure with the remaining half of pudding mixture and 7 1/2 graham cracker sheets.
- Combine 1/4 cup milk, softened margarine, honey, and unsweetened chocolate in a medium bowl, and beat well with a mixer. Gradually add powdered sugar to milk mixture, and beat well. Spread chocolate glaze over graham crackers. Cover dessert and tent with foil; chill 4 hours.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 431Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 26mgSodium 273mgCarbohydrates 52gFiber 2gSugar 33gProtein 7g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.