This really is not a Christmas Breakfast Recipe, I just think the colors are perfect for a Christmas or Holiday Brunch. I have not made that many quiche recipes before, the only one that I had made a ton is the Chicken Enchilada Quiche Recipe.
I think I found my new love. Like other quiche recipes, they are really simple to make and have all the yumminess of a savory breakfast but filling dinner as well. Of course, when I say easy, I use a pre-made deep dish crust, no one is complaining for that time saver.
Roasted Red Pepper, Feta and Spinach Quiche
I adapted the original recipe I found, because of 1, I only had a deep dish crust in the freezer and 2. I had roasted red peppers in the fridge which I think worked just as easy as fresh and I saved the time of cooking down the peppers.
CAN I MAKE QUICHE AHEAD OF TIME?
This Christmas Breakfast Recipe does take a little prep, but you can even do that the day before but really it takes on minutes to wilt the spinach. I may even add some mushrooms next time around.
PREBAKE THE CRUST
Once you have baked the crust slightly, add the crumbled up feta. We love feta here, so I was quite generous with our sampling.
MAKE THE VEGGIES A DAY AHEAD AND KEEP IN FRIDGE
Sautee the spinach and heat up the peppers then layer those on as well.
Add the egg mixture and pop in the oven. I am sure you did not miss one Christmas present being opened yet.
Allow it to cool slightly or serve at room temperature. The lighting was bad by dinner time so I did not get a chance to take a picture of a slice but it was just as pretty inside.
EASY VEGETARIAN DINNER Quiche Dinner
This quiche recipe was a huge hit in our home and I will be making it again. Most likely doubling the recipe so I can have some leftover the next day for lunch.
This is the perfect recipe to make during Lent too. Finding Family Friendly Vegetarian Dinner Recipes for Lent my kids will enjoy can be challenging.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.
- 1/3- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach leaves, trimmed and washed thoroughly (about 5 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk or half and half
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Frozen deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Bake frozen pie shell in bottom third of oven until set and pale golden, about 7 minutes.
- While shell is baking, in a large skillet sauté bell pepper if using fresh in oil over moderately high heat, stirring, 1 minute. Add spinach and sauté, stirring, until wilted and tender, about 1 minute. Remove skillet from heat and season spinach mixture with salt and pepper. In a small bowl whisk together eggs and cream.
- Sprinkle feta over bottom of shell and arrange spinach mixture on top. Pour cream mixture over spinach and bake quiche on a baking sheet in middle of oven 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. and bake until set, about 10- 15 minutes.
Adapted from Epicurious
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 124mgSodium 303mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.