This easy breakfast ideas post and GIVEAWAY is sponsored by Arnold Bread. All opinions expressed are 100% our own.
I love the abundance of strawberries this time of year. What better way to showcase them in breakfast ideas such as this strawberry stuffed french toast recipe. However, since swim suit season is quickly approaching we will be swapping our regular bread with new Arnold® Healthfull® Bread! Made with 100 percent whole grain flour, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, and just 80 calories. You can find them in varieties of Flax & Sunflower, Nuts & Seeds, Steel Cut Oats & Honey. Perfect to add a little extra nutrition into your breakfast.
To make this easy breakfast idea of Strawberry Stuffed French Toast simply spread a thin layer of Cream Cheese, we used low fat, onto 2 pieces of Arnold® Healthfull® Bread.
Layer one side with thinly sliced strawberries.
In one bowl mix 2 eggs and milk and beat well. In a second bowl mix 3/4 cup sugar to 1/4 cup cinnamon.
First dip the sandwich into the egg mixture.
Then place in the bowl of the cinnamon sugar mixture or you can just sprinkle on each side.
Fry it up in a hot non stick pan with melted butter.
Serve with some powdered sugar and real maple syrup.
The kids and hubby really liked the combo of this french toast. It is fancy for the weekend, but also makes a simple breakfast idea for a busy school day.
Now one of you not only will have the chance to try Arnold® Healthfull® Bread by winning one (1) coupon, valid for $5 off an Arnold® Healthfull® Bread but also win a @ $25 Visa gift card to buy extra ingredients to try your own recipe. Enter the Rafflecopter Below.
- 8 oz cream cheese, 1 pkg softened
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 loaf Bread (we used whole grain)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon
- 3 eggs large
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on two slices of bread. Layer thinly sliced strawberries on oe side. Sandwich the other slice of bread on top
- In a small bowl with a flat bottom whisk together milk, eggs, and in second bowl sugar and cinnamon.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray or melt butter and warm over medium heat.
- Dip the french toast into the egg and milk mixture, coating both the top and the bottom. Then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drop the french toast in the skillet and cook each side until golden brown, about 2-4 minutes per side. Gently press your finger on top to secure it while the toast is flipped.
- Serve immediately with powdered sugar and syrup.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 379Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 80mgSodium 469mgCarbohydrates 58gFiber 4gSugar 21gProtein 11g