I am a creature of habit when it comes to making Christmas Candy and Treats recipes As we are getting overloaded with the holidays I thought I would share a bunch of easy recipes for Christmas Candy and Treats I make each year as well as those from fellow bloggers.
I have had several requests for this recipe and let me tell you most people can not eat just one! Unless you have made these before or know someone who has you will be surprised by the a) the ingredients and b) the addictive properties!!
Once you had done this recipe once, you can change up the types of chocolate and toppings to fit your tastes. But proceed with caution if you plan on making these as gifts, buy enough ingredients to make at least a double batch.
How to Make 3 Christmas Candy Treats in an hour
Start with making your toffee syrup by boiling butter and brown sugar in a pan.
Meanwhile, line a jelly roll or cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Line the crackers closely together on the pan.
Evenly pour the butter/sugar mixture over the crackers being careful to cover most of the crackers.
Put the pan into the oven for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the chips onto the bubbly mixture and allow it to melt slightly. ( you can also put back into the oven for a minute or 2)
Smooth the melted chips among the saltine crackers, covering the entire sheet.
Sprinkle with desired toppings and press into the melted chocolate slightly.
Place the entire pan in the fridge until hardened.
Once hardened, peel off the tin foil and break into desired size pieces.
Fool’s Toffee or Saltine Toffee
Let me know what yummy combinations you create. Get the SALTINE CRACKER RECIPE
NO Bake Christmas Treats
The non-baking has begun. The following recipes are easy to make and will store well in a cool place. They make quick and easy neighbor or hostess gifts and can be made with the help of your children.
Holiday Pretzel Treats
The options are endless, you can use green, red or white chocolate discs on square pretzels.
Heat on 250 for a few minutes and add a festive M&M. For an even more festive touch, add sprinkles before adding the candy piece.
ROLO Pretzel Turtle Treats
Another all-time favorite of our family is these ROLO Turtles. So simple but what a treat. They get gobbled up the most of these three candy recipes.
Simply add a ROLO candy onto a square pretzel and place in a 250 degree oven. Heat a few minutes and then press a pecan into the chocolate.
This year we added a sprinkling of sea salt for a more sophisticated flavor profile.
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter divided
- 35 -40 soda crackers
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, I used 1 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips
- 3/4 cups finely chopped walnuts or heath bar pieces
- Mini M&M's optional
- PREHEAT oven to 425° F. Line 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with heavy-duty foil. (I use non stick spray or non stick foil)
- Arrange crackers over butter, breaking crackers to fit empty spaces.
- MELT butter and sugar in medium saucepan Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Pour over crackers.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and slightly darkened. Remove from oven; cool for 1 minute.
- SPRINKLE with morsels. Let stand for 5 minutes or put back in the oven for 2 minutes until morsels are shiny; spread evenly. Sprinkle with nuts; press into chocolate. Cool in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Remove foil; cut into pieces.
Adapted from Also known as Christmas Crack
Amount Per Serving Calories 184 Saturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 21mg Sodium 70mg Carbohydrates 13g Fiber 1g Sugar 11g Protein 1g