This weekend I was scouring for new Barbecue recipes and came across Barefoot Contessa’s Foolproof Ribs. I just had a hankering and thought this would begin our celebration for Father’s Day. Easy Oven Baked Ribs for Fathers Day or any day.
A week-long celebration, he deserves it right. Either that or I was too impatient to wait until next weekend to try this recipe! My husband has made ribs on the grill before but I was thrilled to try this recipe.
Easy oven baked ribs recipe that anyone can do and any time of year since you bake them in the oven first.
Easy Oven Baked Ribs: Foolproof Ribs Recipe
This barbecue recipe starts out with making your own sauce. I did not read the directions first and thought you just baked them and then added the sauce so I was in a bit of a rush to make the sauce. It takes a good 40 minutes to make this sauce.
Check out this post, if you want a good no-cook BBQ sauce and father’s day gift idea My husband said let’s just use Rays sauce, I am glad we did not this was well worth the wait.
I was a little nervous at the look of the sauce at the beginning, it has a lot of ingredients.
After 30 minutes of simmering, look at this amazing barbecue sauce now. My husband and I were eating it by the spoonful. It had an addicting kick to it that was amazing. You can easily make this a few days ahead of time and just keep it in the fridge. We had some left over after our dinner as well.
Now for the prep of the ribs, could not be simpler. Just flavor with salt and pepper and lavish it with sauce. Cover lightly with tin foil and in the oven for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Depending on your type of ribs.
Smother with your BBQ Sauce.
Look how dark the sauce got in the oven with all the sugar of the bbq sauce. If you are entertaining you stop here and put the ribs into the fridge.
Then bake per the directions based on what type of ribs you are serving.
What type of grill should I use to Finish my easy oven baked ribs?
We have used both a gas grill as well as a charcoal grill to finish off these oven-baked ribs. It just depends on how much time you have and what you have available. Either one will give you an amazing carmelized sauce.
Now on the grill for only 5 minutes per side after being coated with more BBQ sauce.
Let the ribs rest for 10 minutes cut and serve.
WE definitely needed to serve it with more BBQ sauce but we devoured the entire 2 racks of St. Louis ribs. Truly an easy ribs recipe.
Don’t want to Bake your ribs, then Smoke them
How do I Smoke Ribs on a Grill?
Should I add a Dry Rub to My Ribs
Here is a recipe for a homemade Dry Rub for Ribs.
What are you making for Father’s Day or BBQ recipes?
Foolproof Ina Garten Ribs Recipe
For the BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onions, 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 3 cloves
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato paste, 10 ounces
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- FOR RIBS
- 5 lbs Baby Back ribs or St Louis Ribs
- Kosher Salt and black pepper
- For the BBQ Sauce
- In a large saucepan on low heat, saute the onions and garlic with the vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not browned.
- Add the tomato paste, vinegar, honey, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Simmer uncovered on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Use immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- FOR RIBS
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place several sheets of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet. Place the ribs meat side up on top.
- Season with 2 tsp Salt and 1 tsp Pepper
- Spread a generous amount of BBQ sauce on the ribs. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake 1 1/2 for baby back to 1 3/4 hours St Louise
- Spread more BBQ sauce on top.
- Grill for 5 minutes per side, watching carefully not to burn Rib side down then meat side down.
- Cover with Aluminum foil and rest for 10 minutes
- Put on a serving platter and serve with additional sauce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1233 Total Fat: 71g Saturated Fat: 21g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 47g Cholesterol: 212mg Sodium: 3157mg Carbohydrates: 86g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 66g Protein: 64g