- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced, garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped, bell peppers
- 1 pould ground turkey
- 1 28 ounce can crushed, tomatoes, (undrained)
- 2 16 oz red kidney beansq, drained & Rinsed
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cups low sodium, chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen or canned, corn
- 1 tsp hotsauce, or to taste
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin, or to taste
- In a large skillet, saute onions, garlic and bell peppers in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: Top with low fat sour cream, cheese, green onions etc.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 158Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 15mgSodium 1765mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 5gSugar 11gProtein 9g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.