Our First timers tips for fun at Great Wolf Lodge:
- Relax and let them be kids: As the general manager said, “This place is all about kids!” So let them lead you around the facility AND don’t worry if they run into the lobby with their wet suits on. No one will say a word! Kids run around the floors playing Magiquest while you may find the staff painting faces in the lobby.
- Take a break from the Water Park with Many Dry Activities: Even the mermaids in your family might like a break from the water park. GWL now offers many dry activities the kids will be just as thrilled about. Dry activities include: MagiQuest game, Great Wolf Kids Creation Station with Clubhouse, Howlers Peak Ropes Course, Ten Paw Bowling Alley, and Arcade
- Consider a Paw Pass, Wolf Pass or Pup Pass: These bundled offers allowed my kids to try things we may have overlooked including an unexpected family favorite: a five minute movie with 3-D glasses in their XD Theater. It ends up being much cheaper than buying things a la carte and they loved all the variety of options! Check your local GWL as package prices and activities may vary.
- Enjoy the Inner-Tube water park rides as a family: We waited in a long line for their “rollercoaster” equivalent inner tube ride, but it has height restrictions and was over quickly! Even my thrill-seeking nine year old seemed just as pleased with the inner tube rides we could all do as a family called Alberta Falls and River Canyon Run. We’d try these ones first next time!
- Treat yourself: GWL has their own in-house pastry chef and my kids couldn’t help notice all the beautifully decorated treats they had! After all the energy they’ve expended, a treat at the end of the day is a must!