Graduation season is in full force right now. Colleges are just finishing up graduations and High School and Middle schools are starting to wrap up classes and Graduation will be upon us so quickly. My daughter brought up the fact that for the next 5 years we will have 4 different graduations.
I need to get a little clever with my treat ideas. Since we don’t have family in town I don’t throw parties for elementary or middle school graduations. However, when high school graduation comes around, I better start planning. I still have 4 years for this.
In celebration of all those graduates in 2016, including my daughter who will be graduating 8th grade in a few weeks, I made these Yummy Graduation Hat Oreo Ball Treats. Who can say no to an Oreo ball, it is crushed up OREOS with cream cheese covered in chocolate. Have some fun with me and make some Graduation Cap Pops for your graduation parties too.
Graduation Cap Oreo Ball Treats
I have made Cookie balls before and the process is the same, it is all about the coating and decorations that make these cookie balls something special for a Graduation Party treat.
If you need the recipe or technique check this OREO ball Post.
What you will need for these Graduation Cap Pops are simple.
Besides the Oreos and cream cheese, you will need:
- Prep Time: 15 minutesActive Time: 15 minutesTotal Time: 30 minutesDifficulty: moderateEstimated Cost: less than $10
cake pops turned into graduation caps
- White melting chocolate
- chocolate yellow chocolate discs or corresponding school colors
- mini Reese's peanut butter cups,
- piping bags
- Sucker Sticks
- Make Oreo Balls
- While your cookie balls are in the freezer, you can make the top of the graduation caps. Simply place a sheet of wax paper over the printed template and add at the chocolate with the piping bag.
- Place them in the freezer to harden
- . Dip your cookie balls into white chocolate with a toothpick or a use the sucker sticks for the pops. I
- mmediate place a mini peanut butter cup on top and allow the chocolate to set. Carefully peel off the chocolate caps and add a little chocolate to the bottom and adhere to the peanut butter cups.
- Add a dollop of yellow chocolate and we added a white bead candy on top for the graduation tassel.
Place them in a vase filled with colored candies and lay the graduation caps around on a cake plate.
What a great centerpiece for any graduation party or event.
I took the display outside as well to see if how it would look for our outdoor graduation BBQ. Give them out as party favors too.
Congrats to all the grads this year and here is a Cookie graduation cap in your honor.