This shop Grilled Shrimp Tacos To Celebrate the Beautiful Game of Soccer has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Constellation Brands. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
After several years on the soccer sidelines, I have definitely transpired into one of those soccer moms. It is a great game and such athleticism is involved in their players. Soccer is one of those sports that is even more amazing to watch professionals on TV.
This year we plan on watching the Beautiful Game and creating a grilled shrimp taco fiesta for both kids and adults. We have the plan set up for you so you don’t have to think about how you will entertain this summer.
Grilled Shrimp Taco Fiesta To Celebrate Summer
When we entertain, I usually pick a theme and provide cocktails that go along with it. For this grilled fish taco meal we will be serving no other than Modelo beers. Not only for the reason that it’s brewed with a fighting spirit, but Modelo is the Proud Sponsor of the 2017 Beautiful Game!
How to Set up a BEER BAR
Since people have different beer preferences I purchased both the Modelo Especial and Modelo Negra.
We typically drink our Mexican beer with a slice of lime, so tie a few lime wedges on a few bottles and let people decide for themselves. It is a nice touch no matter what type of fiesta you might be hosting.
How to Make a Shrimp Taco Bar
For the menu, we will be making easy grilled shrimp tacos with a grilled corn and bean salsa and cilantro cream sauce. Tacos are casual but with the homemade sides, it makes a great buffet style meal too. Check out our Walking tacos in the Bag for another great entertaining idea.
So get your soccer mom hat on and your apron for an easy but delicious shrimp taco night.
Early Day Prep:
- Start the grill early and get a jump start on the Grilled Corn Salsa. See full recipe here:
- Shell and devein the shrimp and thread them onto water soaked wooden skewers
- Make the Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Cut up the radicchio and iceberg lettuce
Wrap up your tortillas in foil and place on the grill while it is warming up.
Grill the shrimp just until they start to curl up. Display them in a vase so your dinner guests can just grab and go.
Set out the fixings and allow everyone to top their grilled shrimp with the lettuces and cream. Half of my family added the salsa to their taco, I enjoyed it on the side. Make a bowl of this black bean and corn salsa recipe.
Be sure to grab a beer to enjoy with this Tex Mex themed meal. Modelo Especial and Modelo Negra are the perfect accompaniment to this yummy taco dish.
Told you it is super easy to entertain if you take a few steps to prepare the night before.
Grilled Shrimp Taco Recipe
- 2 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp
- 20 12-inch-long skewers (soaked in water)
- 2 tablespoons Southwest seasoning such as Fajita seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 8-inch soft taco-size flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 head radicchio, finely shredded
- Southwest Cream Sauce
- Grilled Corn Salsa
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Peel shrimp; devein, if desired. Thread shrimp onto water soaked skewers.
- 2. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high). Combine Southwest seasoning and garlic in a long shallow dish; add lime juice, lemon juice, and shrimp, turning to coat. Cover and chill 10 minutes. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or just until shrimp turn pink. Remove shrimp from skewers. Serve in warm tortillas with next 4 ingredients. Garnish, if desired.
- Southwest Cream Sauce: Whisk together 1 (16-oz.) container Greek Yogurt 1 garlic clove, minced; 2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion; 1 tsp. chili powder; 1/2 tsp. ground cumin; 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper; and 1/4 tsp. salt. Whisk in 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro and 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice until smooth. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 286 Saturated Fat: 1g Sodium: 774mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 9g Protein: 8g
What do you think of these grilled shrimp tacos? Would you entertain with them?