I have never used coconut oil before. I have seen tons of bloggers writing about it and including recipes. However, after being asked to join the May on the Move Campaign with Carrington Farms I thought I would give it a try. This year, Carrington Farms is celebrating springtime by encouraging everyone to keep healthy items on hand at all times, made possible by Carrington’s new line of portable, on-the-go products including, Flax Hemp Paks, Flax Chia Paks, and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Paks. We received samples to conduct the What to do with these new ingredients in our home? Outside of adding the chia and flax paks into yogurt I though I would try making healthier smoothie recipes.
All these Carrington Farms products we received are packed in ready-to-eat, portable and convenient single serve packets with a pre-measured dosage. The Flax and Chia Paks as well as the Flax Hemp Paks provide a source of energy and nutrients to promote heart health and a boosted metabolism. I can use that!
The Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Paks are pure unrefined and cold pressed coconut oil packed in 1 Tbsp doses. I had no idea all the benefits of using coconut oil from cooking to beauty needs.
Check out this list straight from the Carrington Farms Website:
- To help you feel full – mix 2 teaspoons of coconut oil with water and drink 20 -30 minutes before a meal. You will eat less at the meal because you will already feel full!
- Eat a spoonful for an energy boost
- Super hair conditioner
- Skin moisturizer
- Replace butter, shortening and other fats
- Use instead of shaving cream
- Makeup remover
- Use to treat athlete’s foot or other fungal infections
- Add to smoothies for extra nutrition
- Great for diaper rash and cradle cap
- Use it to treat lice with apple cider vinegar
- Mix in your hot coffee or tea
- Mix with oil of oregano and use at the first sign of a cold sore
- Mix with sugar for a body scrub
- Rub onto lips as a natural chap stick
- Rub to in the inside of your nose to help alleviate allergy symptoms
- Mix with chia for a double energy booster!
- Use it to on mosquito bites, poison ivy etc. to reduce itch
Make healthier smoothies, and add some extra nutrient boost. I made this Banana Blueberry Smoothie.
1/2 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup Almond Milk (We used unsweetened)
1 tablespoon Carrington Farms Coconut Oil – liquefied
3 tablespoons no fat yogurt (We used Greek Yogurt)
1 TBS Honey
1 Pkg Carrington Farms Flax Seed Hemp
3 ice cubes
Blend everything together in blender!
I will definitely be packing some of these on our next trip. What have I been missing all these years?