We recently remade this candy bar cake recipe for some dinner guests we were having. Instead of using Hershey Bars we cut up the 1 lb Trader Joe’s Candy Bars the kids received for Christmas. We happened to have mini Hershey Bars so we decorated the top the same way! (Updated 1/8/2018)
Hi guys this is Caitlin. I just got back from Hershey Park Pennsylvania and it inspired me to make a chocolate cake for my younger brothers birthday. I found this cool cookbook called HERSHEY’S Incredibly Easy Recipes. I chose a delicious Chocolate Bar cake. T
he title of the cookbook is not lying the cake was really easy. NEED CHOCOLATE get FREE Lindt Chocolate Bags at Target
Hershey Candy Bar Bundt Cake Recipe
Chocolate Bar Cake Recipe
While at Hershey Park I got a giant 7-ounce bar of chocolate so I used it in the recipe. It calls for 8 ounces of chocolate so I had to get some more bars!!! The cake is really delicious. It might be a little too dry for some people, but with a glass of cool milk or a cup of coffee it will taste phenomenal.
The directions were easy to understand and follow. I used a bundt cake pan and the cake recipe turned out really pretty.
WHAT KIND OF FROSTING GOES ON A CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE?
I also made two types of frosting. One was the recommended vanilla glaze, then I made a chocolate frosting because my brother wanted more chocolate.
WHAT IS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A GLAZE AND FROSTING?
I wanted to make a chocolate glaze but the cookbook did not have any recipes, so I found a chocolate frosting recipe and somehow the frosting turned into a glaze. I put the chocolate glaze on first then the vanilla. (This time around we only made the vanilla frosting)
BEST WAY TO DECORATE A BUNDT CAKE
It is called a candy bar cake so why not decorate the cake with extra pieces of chocolate bar. My dad usually does not eat a lot of unhealthy food but on my brother’s birthday he had seven thick pieces of cake.
I would definitely recommend this recipe and I know if you were to make it you would do the same because it is a chocolate delight and every bite you take it tastes like a Hershey bar.
Don’t be surprised if I review more chocolate recipes from HERSHEY’S Incredibly Easy Recipes. Get the cookbook now at Amazon
Check out our video and see just how easy this cake is to make.
Super Easy Chocolate Bar Cake Recipe
Be sure to pin this next time you are looking for a easy chocolate cake recipe made from Candy Bars and buy this book for other amazingly Easy Chocolate Dessert Recipes.
- 1 1/3 cup hershey's mini milk chocolate bars or 7 oz of Milk Chocolate, Chopped
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Vanilla Glaze
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Cake
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan. Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate bars for garnish.
- 2. Stir together remaining chocolate bars, butter and water in small bowl until chocolate is melted. Stir together flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add chocolate mixture, beating on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; blend well. Beat 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare VANILLA GLAZE; over cake.
- 1. Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or untill melted.
- 2. Gradually stir in powdered sugar, water and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Add additional water, 1 teaspoons at a time, if needed
- Immediately add cut up chocolate pieces onto frosting
Adapted from Hershey Super Simple Recipes
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 541Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 76mgSodium 520mgCarbohydrates 67gFiber 3gSugar 42gProtein 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.