Hi guys this is Caitlin. I just got back from Hershey Park Pennsylvania and it inspired me to make a chocolate cake for my younger brothers birthday. I found this cool cookbook called HERSHEY’S Incredibly Easy Recipes. I chose a delicious Chocolate Bar cake. The title of the cookbook is not lying the cake was really easy. Hershey Bar Cake Recipe
Chocolate Bar Cake Recipe
While at Hershey Park I got a giant 7 ounce bar of chocolate so I used it in the recipe. It calls for 8 ounces of chocolate so I had to get some more bars!!! The cake is really delicious. It might be a little too dry for some people, but with a glass of cool milk or a cup of coffee it will taste phenomenal.
The directions were easy to understand and follow. I used a bundt cake pan and the cake recipe turned out really pretty.
I also made two types of frosting. One was the recommended vanilla glaze, then I made a chocolate frosting because my brother wanted more chocolate. I wanted to make a chocolate glaze but the cook book did not have any recipes, so I found a chocolate frosting recipe and some how the frosting turned into a glaze. I put the chocolate glaze on first then the vanilla.
Then I decorated the cake with extra pieces of chocolate. My dad usually does not eat a lot of unhealthy food but on my brothers birthday he had like seven thick pieces of cake. I would definitely recommend this recipe and I know if you were to make it you would do the same because it is a chocolate delight and every bite you take it tastes like a hershey bar.
Don’t be surprised if I review more hershey recipes from HERSHEY’S Incredibly Easy Recipes. Get the cookbook now at Amazon
- 1 1/3 cup hershey's mini milk chocolate bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick ) of butter softened
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Hershey's Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Vanilla Glaze
- 1/4 cup (1/4) butter or margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For Chocolate Glaze
- For the Cake
- 1. Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan. Set aside 2 tablespoons chocolate bars for garnish.
- 2. Stir together remaining chocolate bars, butter and water in small bowl until chocolate is melted. Stir together flour sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl; gradually add chocolate mixture, beating on medium speed of mixer until well blended. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; blend well. Beat 1 minute. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare VANILLA GLAZE; over cake.
- 1. Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds or untill melted.
- 2. Gradually stir in powdered sugar, water and vanilla, beating with whisk until smooth and slightly thickened. Add additional water, 1 teaspoons at a time, if needed
- Immediately add cut up chocolate pieces onto frosting