Thanks to Krusteaz for partnering with us to make these High Protein Mini Sausage Pancake Bites for National Pancake Day March 5th. These scrumptious little pancake bites can feed a crowd of hungry kids for breakfast in no time while adding extra protein to their breakfast. Pair these up with Brunch Omelet Bar for self serve entertaining.
Many of us are trying to add more protein to our diet, while still enjoying the flavors of foods we love. Krusteaz’s new Buttermilk Protein Pancake & Flapjack Mix may be the answer. Packed with 15 grams of protein per serving, its new better-for-you nutrition profile is made for the health-conscious consumer.
Plus with the addition of sausage crumbles and fruit we are packing even more protein and nutrition to each breakfast bite.
How to Make High Protein Mini Sausage Pancake Bites
Simply make the pancake batter per the box Krusteaz directions, adding egg and/ or milk for even more protein per bite.
Fill 16 greased mini muffin wells with batter, leaving room to add the cooked sausage and fruit.
We used sausage crumbles, but you can use any type of sausage you prefer. Just follow any cooking directions per the packaging.
We added a frozen raspberry to each “muffin” since we had them on hand, but you could use fresh or frozen blueberries too.
In about 12 minutes you will be feeding a crowd of hungry breakfast goers. They won’t even know you are trying to fill them up with protein and extra nutrition since the Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix has the same great flavor of their original pancakes.
Definitely allow them to sit a few minutes to easier removal from the pan.
Serve them up with extra maple syrup as well. If you want to avoid the mess, just add more maple syrup to the batter for extra sweetness.
I have never made these mini pancake muffins before and not sure where they have been my whole life. Making pancakes for even 3 kids can be time consuming. They eat them and are asking for more before you can make enough for the next kid.
What a fun brunch idea tool. You can serve up these little High Protein Mini Sausage Pancake Bites to serve up a crowd. Another high protein breakfast using this mix are these Chocolate Banana Pancakes
High Protein Mini Sausage Pancake Bites Recipe
- 1 cup Krusteaz Protein Pancake Mix
- 2/3 cup of Water or milk
- 1 tablespoon Syrup (additional for serving)
- 1 cup crumbled sausage, cooked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and prepare a 16 mini muffin wells with non stick cooking spray.
- If using uncooked sausage: Cook sausage. Crumbling with a spatula until fully cooked. Drain the fat and set aside. If using precooked sausage crumbles, simply heat slightly in a pan.
- Whisk 1 cup Krusteaz Protein Pancake mix with 2/3 cup milk and 1 tablespoon Maple syrup (if using) to combine. Batter will be thick.
- Pour pancake mix into mini muffin pan then add a spoon full of cooked sausage. If desired add a blueberry or raspberry into the middle of each muffin
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 1-2 minutes.
- Optional: Serve with additional maple syrup.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 77Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 15mgSodium 156mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 5g
Be sure to pin this for your next great breakfast recipe: