If you spend as much time in the kitchen as I do over the holidays, you are busy cutting and prepping meals, holiday appetizers and desserts. Keeping your cutting boards clean is so important on so many levels.
From keeping smells isolated to killing Salmonella are all reasons that when you are making Christmas Appetizers to use Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers.
These adorable Christmas Tree Wraps are so fun to have at a party but can be messy on a cutting board.
How to Make Holiday Appetizer: Christmas Tree Wrap
First, make your cream cheese filling. This is so flavorful with bits of cream cheese, olives, basil, parmesan cheese, and roasted red peppers.
Spread it on Green Tortilla wraps. If you desire you can heat them over an open fire to get the raw taste away, but I thought they were perfect straight out of the package.
Roll very tightly. Trust me on this, I had one that was loosely rolled and they were not as cut when they were cut. Wrap them tightly with plastic wrap, maintaining the triangle shape.
Shape them into triangles and put in your fridge for up to 24 hours.
Cut the roll into 1/2 inch pieces.
Attach a piece of olive to the bottom of the triangle with a toothpick.
Now it is time for clean up. Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes with Micro-Scrubbers.not only wipe out germs, dirt and grease, they’re textured to scour away stubborn messes other wipes leave behind.
Now clean and disinfect tough messes in one easy step. How many times do you have something sticky and have to first scrub it with a textured sponge and then get your disinfecting wipes?
Now this is a one step process.
- Kills 99.9% of germs that can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours
- Kills 99.9% of Viruses* and Bacteria
- Kills Staph†, E.Coli‡, Salmonella§, Strep**
- Scrubby texture to handle tough messes; more absorbent, thicker wip
- Versatility of occasions: Floors, countertops, appliances, and many other surfaces
- Efficacy: cleans tougher messes caused by soap scum and grease, disinfects 2x the surface area
*Human Coronavirus, Influenza A2 Virus; †Staphylococcus aureus; ‡Escherichia coli O157:H7; §Salmonella enterica; **Streptococcus pyogenes
I found these great disinfecting wipes at Target. GREAT BONUS: Save 10% by using the Target Cartwheel app.
With cold and flu season in our midst, these are great to have on hand in every room of the house. Imagine how easy cleaning your kids toothpaste will be now with these textured wipes. It will take half the time and you might even be able to get the kids to do their own clean up. ( I know it would be a Christmas Miracle)
Enjoy this creamy appetizer made in creative tree shape – perfect for Holiday Parties.
Holiday Appetizer: Christmas Tree Wrap
- 1 package, 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped drained roasted red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves, I used partially tried basil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 spinach-flavor flour tortillas, 8 to 10 inches in diameter
- Black olives cut in half
- In medium bowl, mix all ingredients except tortillas and olive pieces.
- Heat tortillas if you desire.
- Divide mixture among tortillas, spreading to edges of tortillas. Roll up tightly.
- Press each tortilla roll into triangle shape, using fingers. This will take a few tries.
- Wrap logs in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- To serve, cut rolls into 1/2-inch slices. Place olive piece at bottom of each triangle to look like tree trunk; secure with toothpick.
Adapted from betty crocker
Nutrition InformationYield 36 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 36 Total Fat 3g Saturated Fat 1g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 1g Cholesterol 7mg Sodium 60mg Carbohydrates 2g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 0g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 1gAll information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.