Ok, it is party time for the pups. Just look at these adorable dog friends of Chloe!! I thought I’d introduce you to her friends: The other Golden, Tucker, is her uncle!
The black and white Dog, Wilson, her boyfriend, and the brown one, Franky, her other friend in the neighborhood. If it is too hot to bake try some Frozen Homemade Dog Treats & Dog Cakes
Homemade Dog pup Cakes–Peanut Butter and Carrot Dog Cake
So what to feed these sweet pups without getting them sick. I thought about buying Frosty Paws as a nice cool treat, but I really could not blog about them and felt a little lazy.
I had made dog biscuits before that were well received too. A friend of mine had tried this recipe so I thought I would give it a whirl.
HOW MANY DOG CUPCAKE DOES THIS MAKE?
The recipe suggests a large cake but I made large cupcake sizes since I know they would not share nicely. The next time I made them it made 8 individual pupcakes.
What is in these Doggie Cakes?
I then decided to frost them using some other fun flavors that my dog loves. Really she is not fussy she got into a bag of marshmallows in the back of my car this am….
- Peanut Butter
- Canola Oil
Bake and allow to cool completely.
How to Frost the Doggie pupCake
Peanut Butter/ Yogurt
The first time I made this recipe, I mixed some natural peanut butter, and non-fat Greek yogurt and a splash of honey for the frosting.
Can Humans Eat this Dogs Cake Recipe?
Can I make these Doggie cakes ahead of time?
OK, the party is over I am pooped!! Now time to open the great dog products mom got me.
Be sure to check out all of our The Ultimate List of Homemade Dog Treat Recipes and Dog Birthday Cakes
Homemade individual Dog Birthday Cakes–Peanut Butter and Carrot Dog Cake
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey, optional
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup whole wheat or white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 5 regular size cupcakes.
- 2. Combine the egg, peanut butter, oil, vanilla, and honey, if desired, in a large bowl; blend well. Stir in the carrots and mix thoroughly. Sift together the flour and baking soda and fold into the carrot mixture. Spoon cake batter into prepared pan.
- 3. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes; then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- I checked on them at 20 minutes and they were done. (cupcakes)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving Calories 872Saturated Fat 6gCholesterol 81mgSodium 773mgCarbohydrates 101gFiber 9gSugar 52gProtein 19g