My husband has decided to put himself on the Keto Diet the last couple of weeks and as the cook in the home, I have been making dinners that will meet these restrictions.
For the big game this weekend, I whipped up a batch of these Keto Hamburger lettuce wraps and they were gobbled up.
I have realized just how many carbs I normally eat as I have been looking at labels more.
Keto Hamburger Lettuce Wraps
I used a mini muffin pan with 24 circles to make these Keto hamburger wraps. We made these for dinner so I served them with lettuce but if you want more of a KETO game-day snack, just provide a bowl of mustard for folks to dip.
Either way, these were gobbled up by my family without complaints of not having buns.
How can you not fall in love with a butter burger? It feels so unhealthy yet I have lost 4 lbs?
Fill each muffin with one tablespoon of red meat mixture, making sure to cover the bottom of each circle.
Add a dab of butter onto each piece.
Cover with more meat. Just be sure to pat down the meat as you have 2 more layers.
Add small squares of cheddar cheese. The key to Keto is only using natural cheeses. No American cheese here people, go for a sharp cheddar or another mix them up in the same tray for a great variety.
Cover the cheese bits with more of the meat mixture. Just be sure that the cheese is nicely covered. I am not sure if there is a way to prevent it but the cheese will come out out of these cheese meatballs.
Can I Make Keto Burger Bites Ahead of time?
Bake them immediately, or cover tightly with plastic wrap to cook at a later time. This is what I did but you can easily make these while the oven is preheating.
The best part the hamburgers are all cooked at once and ready to serve in 15 minutes.
What Should I serve with Keto Meat Bombs?
Allow these meat bombs to cool slightly and then serve them up. We were causal so I just placed the muffin tin on the table, but you can also serve them out of a bowl with all the condiments that go with Burgers and Keto. NO Ketchup on a Keto diet.
We served up mustards, lettuce, pickles, and sliced tomatoes.
Whether you eat them with a toothpick or serve them like a burger, these Keto Friendly Game Day Appetizers will be a crowd pleaser.
The best part of these Keto hamburgers is that no one is grilling up burgers during the game.
Keto Hamburger lettuce wraps
What are your favorite Keto Friendly Game Day Appetizers?
- Cooking spray, for muffin tin
- 2 lbs. Grass fed ground beef
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cold butter, cut into 24 pieces
- 2 - 3 oz block cheddar cheese, cut into 24 pieces
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Thinly sliced tomatoes, for serving
- Mustard, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375° and grease a mini muffin tin (24 openings)with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, season beef with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Press about 1 tablespoon of beef into the bottom of each muffin tin cup, completely covering the bottom. Place a piece of butter on top then press about 1 tablespoon of beef over butter to completely cover.
- Place a piece of cheese on top of meat in each cup then press remaining beef over cheese to completely cover.
- Bake until meat is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, tomatoes, pickles and mustard.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1 bomb
Amount Per Serving Calories 109Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 29mgSodium 121mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 10g