Tired of the traditional mexican 7 layer dip? Take a trip to another part of the world with a recipe that is just as easy and is recommended to make a day ahead of time. This version of a Greek style layered dip recipe is a great way to add fresh veggies to your appetizer table.
- 1 8- oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (we use 1/3 less fat)
- 1 Tbsp.fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups prepared hummus, traditional flavor
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips
- In medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate, or shallow serving dish. Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips.
Be sure to check out all the other amazing Greek Recipes for Greek night.
For our dinner we served this as 7 layer greek dip as appetizer.
Dinner: Chicken Slovaki with Tatziki Sauce
Side Dish” A Huge Greek Salad
Dessert: Peach and Blueberry Crumble.