Tired of the traditional mexican 7 layer dip? Take a trip to another part of the world with a recipe that is just as easy and is recommended to make a day ahead of time. This version of a Greek style layered dip recipe is a great way to add fresh veggies to your appetizer table.
- 1 8- oz. pkg. cream cheese softened (we use 1/3 less fat)
- 1 Tbsp.fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1-1/2 cups prepared hummus traditional flavor
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips
In medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, and garlic with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and combined.
Spread cream cheese mixture into a deep 9-inch pie plate, or shallow serving dish. Evenly spread hummus on cream cheese layer. Top with cucumber, tomato, olives, feta cheese, and green onions. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours. Serve with pita chips and/or multigrain tortilla chips.
Be sure to check out all the other amazing Greek Recipes for Greek night.
For our dinner we served this as 7 layer greek dip as appetizer.
Dinner: Chicken Slovaki with Tatziki Sauce
Side Dish” A Huge Greek Salad
Dessert: Peach and Blueberry Crumble.