Thanksgiving is always a perfect excuse to pull out the pie pans and make an array of holiday pies. From Baked pies like Pumpkin to no bake pies like the pumpkin pie ice cream pie I will be sharing today there is sure to be a holiday pie below that will satisfy your sweet tooth. I remember one Thanksgiving a few year ago, I made 7 different pies. I just could not stop making them when I came across a recipe that looked amazing. This year I will be making a pumpkin pie, a pecan pie and new to the arsnel Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Pie. What is on your dessert menu this holiday season?
This Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Pie could not be easier and it actually makes 2 pies so you have plenty to spare. I purchased the Pumpkin Pie ice cream at our Fresh Market Store, but you could use any pumpkin ice cream you can find on the market.
I also used a caramel sauce, the one at Fresh Market had cinnamon in it, but I think any high quality caramel would work. Also you need a graham cracker crust, just buy two at the store for an easy holiday pie recipe. Oh don’t forget the whipped topping, Cool Whip does the trick at our house for things like this. I only serve freshly whipped cream with the other pies.
Frozen Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream Pie
- 1 quart pumpkin ice cream
- 2 graham cracker crusts
- 1 Jar caramel Sauce
- 1 tub Cool Whip, defrosted
- Hot fudge, optional
- Allow the ice cream to soften and spread 1 1/4 cup of ice cream into the bottom of your crust. Allow it to freeze for 20 minutes.
- Spread half of the jar of caramel onto each pie and freeze again.
- Spread another 1 1/4 cup of ice cream onto the pie.
- When frozen, top with half a tub of cool whip. I used the cover of the pies to cover the pie and keep in the freezer until you are ready to serve.
- Take out the pie at least 10 minutes b/f serving for best results. I enjoyed heating up some hot fudge and drizzling onto each piece for a little decadence.