If you love cookies and you love pie why can’t you have them in the same dessert? Exactly what I thought when I saw a recipe for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe.
Best served warm, you can adapt this recipe to resemble your favorite cookie flavor. We went with some of our favorite combos, peanut butter and chocolate chips.
I happened to buy some peanut butter baking pieces which inspired our flavor combo. If you have never made a pie before, this might be one of the easiest ones to try, except my Bourbon Pecan Pie Recipe is pretty easy too.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie Recipe
So what are you waiting for, the ingredients list is longer than the directions on this one so I can’t wait to see what you come up with. I don’t hide the fact that I almost always use a pre-made pie crust when making pies. I have not taken the time to perfect pie crust making and the times I did try I ended up ruining the pie.
Similar to the start of any cookie recipe, you start by beating the butter first and then adding the rest of the wet ingredients. (easy)
WHAT TYPE OF CHIPS CAN I ADD TO A COOKIE PIE
No matter what combination you choose, it is should equal 3 cups of mix ins to your batter.
- Semi sweet chocolate chip
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter chips
- M& M’s or Reese’s Candies
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate
Stir in your chips, in what ever flavor combo best suits your family. It is important to stir these and not use your mixer for the best results.
Optional to add the Mini Reese’s Pieces, second time I made these I did not have any.
Pour into an unbaked pie crust, told you this could not be easier.
DO I NEED TO SERVE THIS PIE WARM?
Bake and serve warm or at room temperature.
WHAT CAN I PUT ONTOP OF THE COOKIE PIE?
We definitely preferred this pie a little warm, with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream. The pie is rich so you can slice it into 10 servings but my kids wanted big.
Make some fresh whipped cream or heck dollop some out of a can, no judgement here?
- 1/2 cup or 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs, beaten and at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, we used pecans
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 1/2 cup peanut butter baking pieces (optional)
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, optional
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter in medium bowl; add eggs and vanilla. Stir together sugar and flour; add to butter mixture. Using a spoon, stir in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and nuts; pour into unbaked pie crust. Top with Peanut Butter Baking Pieces.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 1 hour on wire rack; Ideally serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Or you can reheat the pie in a 200 degree oven until heated thru.
If you want to add the Peanut Butter Candy Pieces , just take out 1/4 cup cup each of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Feel free to mix in all your favorite flavors.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 789Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 20gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 27gCholesterol 85mgSodium 344mgCarbohydrates 76gFiber 6gSugar 51gProtein 14g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.