If you have been following us for any amount of time you know we love to bake at our house. However, not everything can be baked from scratch due to time restrictions. Today I am sharing my most recent creation that starts with a boxed brownie mix. These brownie recipes are so simple because you really don’t need to think too much. Simply change-up the add-ins the recipe and you have a completely new dessert. Like semi homemade dessert recipes? Then be sure to check oout my post filled with 20 great recipes that all start with a boxed brownie mix. Today’s short cut recipe includes two flavors I love, peanut butter and chocolate. We hope you enjoy this Peanut Butter Crumble Brownie recipe today.
To make this Peanut Butter Crumble Brownie Recipe, start with your favorite brownie mix, I just usually buy what is on sale, and prepare per the package directions. This recipe calls for a box that can fill a 9×13 pan. Then make the crumble. I make this in a 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup ( this pic was a 2 cup and too small)
Top it with the peanut butter crumble, pressing lightly into the brownie batter.
Then add the chocolate chips. If you are feeling festive add colored M& Ms instead of the chips. Hey why not add both, it is a dessert anyway.
Bake until your toothpick comes out clean. In no more time than making a brownie mix, you now have this flavorful and easy brownie dessert that looks like you spent hours preparing.
I have made this more than once and I like it both ways with M&M’s and without. The family liked it too both ways but the kids always like something a little more with candy inside!!.
So whether you are making a dessert for the family or a fall outing don’t stress over it, start it off with a brownie mix and adding peanut butter and oatmeal never hurt anyone either.
Peanut Butter Crumble Brownies
Peanut Butter Crumble Brownie recipeA quick and easy brownie dessert that starts with a brownie mixPrep Time 10 minutesCook Time 30 minutesTotal Time 40 minutesServings 10Calories 224 kcal
- 1 18.25-ounce box brownie mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter crunchy or creamy
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Nutrition FactsPeanut Butter Crumble Brownie recipeAmount Per ServingCalories 224 Calories from Fat 153% Daily Value*Total Fat 17g 26%Saturated Fat 3g 15%Cholesterol 38mg 13%Sodium 95mg 4%Potassium 121mg 3%Total Carbohydrates 13g 4%Dietary Fiber 1g 4%Sugars 8gProtein 5g 10%Vitamin A 2.3%Calcium 1.9%Iron 4%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
1. Preheat oven 350°F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, mix together brownie mix, oil, water and eggs until well combined. Transfer to prepared pan.
3. In microwave-safe bowl, I like to use a 4 cup Pyrex cup, microwave peanut butter and butter one minute; stir until melted. Stir in brown sugar, oatmeal and flour until combined. Sprinkle and gently press peanut butter mixture over brownie layer. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or M & M's . Bake 20 minutes or until top is soft to touch.
4. Allow to cool on a rack and then take out the entire pan of brownies, lifting out the tin foil and cut.
What will your family think of this Peanut Butter Crumble Brownie Recipe?