HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER JELLY BARS INA GARTEN
Basically, you start with a delicious peanut butter cookie batter. Yes I tasted the dough raw!
Use an offset spatula to evenly spread the peanut butter batter into your prepared pan.
WHAT KIND OF Jam OR JELLY DO I USE FOR PB & J BARS
Any flavor your family will enjoy. Use your favorite Jam in this recipe. I am not sure a jelly would be too runny so I suggest using a jam or fruit spread that has a nice consistently.
With the remainder of the batter, scatter it on top of the jelly layer. Then top the batter with salted chopped peanuts.
The Verdict of Ina Garten Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars Recipe
Ingredients for Barefoot Contessa Peanut Butter Jelly Bars
- unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Vanilla extract
- Creamy peanut butter, recommended: Skippy
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Salted peanuts
Now pin these peanut butter jelly bars dessert recipe to surprise your family for an after school snack too!
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1- large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cups creamy peanut butter, recommended: Skippy
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cups raspberry jam or other jam
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 9 inch square cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom with a knife or offset spatula. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don't worry if all the jam isn't covered; it will spread in the oven. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.
Adapted from Ina Garten
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 390Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 36mgSodium 206mgCarbohydrates 45gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 8g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.