Basically, you start with a delicious peanut butter cookie batter. Yes I tasted the dough raw!
Use an offset spatula to evenly spread the peanut butter batter into your prepared pan.
Use your favorite Jam in this recipe. I am not sure a jelly would be too runny so I suggest using a jam or fruit spread that has a nice consistently.
With the remainder of the batter, scatter it on top of the jelly layer. Then top the batter with salted chopped peanuts.
Peanut Butter Jelly Bars Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1- large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cups creamy peanut butter, recommended: Skippy
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 cups raspberry jam or other jam
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 by 9 inch square cake pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed until light yellow, about 2 minutes. With the mixer on low speed, add the vanilla, eggs, and peanut butter and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture. Mix just until combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the dough into the prepared cake pan and spread over the bottom with a knife or offset spatula. Spread the jam evenly over the dough. Drop small globs of the remaining dough evenly over the jam. Don't worry if all the jam isn't covered; it will spread in the oven. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and cut into squares.
Adapted from Ina Garten