Have you ever tried to make bulls eyes before. You know the Chocolate balls filled with peanut butter? For me they often don’t look pretty but now you can have the same amazing flavors of peanut butter and chocolate in this easy to make Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie recipe. The recipe only makes 24 but they are rich that one should go a long way.
I love that this cookie recipe starts with a brownie mix recipe. This makes the baking process that much quicker since you are not measuring out flour etc. Just be sure and use a decent brownie mix, one that you would enjoy unaltered.
The brownie mix will be quite stiff no worries, you are doing it right. I kept looking at my recipes too.
I found it easiest to use a small ice cream scoop to make the balls of cookie and peanut butter.
It is pretty sticky to flatten them. I just used my fingers.
Now the really treat of the peanut butter brownie cookies, the center filling. I could have just eaten this with a spoon.
These look good enough to eat before I even bake them.
OI may have baked them too much because it did not appear the sides were set but they tasted great either way.
Now for the fun part, one again, using store-bought frosting, frost just the peanut butter part of the cookie.
Had to sneak a bite to photograph these of course.
These were well received and devoured by all!!
Might be my cookie exchange recipe this year…
Peanut Butter Brownie Cookie Recipe
- 1 pkg 19.5 oz brownie Mix (traditional is best)
- 1/4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco melted
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 can chocolate Frosting from 16 oz can
- Preheat oven to 350' F. In medium bowl mix brownie mix, melted Crisco, cream cheese, and egg for 50 strokes until well blended. (Will be a sticky dough)
- Drop 24 rounded tablespoons of dough 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Smooth edge of each to form round cookie
- In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar and peanut butter until mixture forms a ball. With hands or cookie scoop, roll rounded teaspoons of peanut butter mixture into 24 balls.
- Lightly press 1 Peanut Butter ball into each ball of cookie.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until edges of cookie are set. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets. Cool at least 30 minutes and frost the peanut butter portion of each cookie