No matter what the occasion you need to consider making this Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Tart. It is a great make-ahead recipe made and written by my daughter Caitlin Long who used to write a Cooking with Caitlin Series.
Recently, I had a discussion with some of my friends about which food is superior: peanut butter or cheese. On one hand, cheese has so many different flavors, textures, types, and overall usage. Cheese is found on all of the best comfort food like pasta, sandwiches, pizza, burgers, and so much more. One can never add too much cheese to a dish.
All of these points are true, but in my humble opinion peanut butter is just a tad superior. Cheese will have to take the second place ribbon to my beloved peanut butter. Nothing can beat cool peanut butter on apples or peanut butter on a sandwich or crackers. Heck, my family has a habit of eating peanut butter right from the jar.
Chocolate Ganache Tart
Peanut butter will always be my favorite, so I am forever on the hunt for yummy, filling, recipes with peanut butter! We have made cookies, pies, candies, and dog treats all using the amazing food. For my birthday, I even asked for a chocolate peanut butter cake because I just love the taste of creamy peanut butter so much.
Recently, I was inspired to make a peanut butter tart, and what goes better with peanut butter than chocolate!? The crust was formed by chocolate cookie wafers and butter, the middle was a rich mousse packed with peanut butter and cream cheese (I guess there was cheese in this recipe too), and the top was a snappy chocolate ganache that was sprinkled with sea salt.
My rationality for baking this treat is that peanut butter is filled with good plant-based protein, so this giant slice of peanut butter tart is healthy. That’s how things work, right?
This recipe was super easy, quick, and extremely fun to make. Oh, and it was also so dang delicious. The tart was gone by the second day, which is impressive for my family who do not tend to eat sweets.
Here is how to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Tart
Please don’t get intimidated by the number of ingredients, if I can make this anyone can.
Ingredients You will need for this Decadent tart
- 1¾ cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs
- 9 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1½ cups creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup powder sugar
- 3/4 Cup whipping cream
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Vanilla Extract
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling.
This is a great recipe that can be made ahead of time too…. Serves 12 so great for a dinner party as well
Do you have someone in your home that would definitely like this dessert idea?
Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Tart Recipe
- For the Crust1¾ cups crushed chocolate cookie crumbs7 TBSP unsalted butter, meltedFor the Peanut Butter Filling1½ cups creamy peanut butter4 ounces cream cheese, softened¾ cup confectioner´s sugar1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped [1/2 cup pre whipping]For the Gananche½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, roughly chopped½ cup dark chocolate chips, roughly choppped¼ cup heavy cream2 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature½ tsp vanillaFlakey sea salt for sprinkling
For the Crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix the cookie crumbs and and melted butter together until combined.
- Pour mixture into tart pan and use your fingers and parchment paper or the back of a measuring cup to press the cookie mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan
- Place the tart pan on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
For the Filling
- In a stand mixer fitted bowl with a whisk attachment, beat the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Do not over beat. Set aside.
- In another bowl and a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter on medium speed until smooth. Sift in the confectioner´s sugar and beat until fully combined. Add ¼ cup of the whipped cream to the mixture and and quickly stir to combine.Add the remaining whipped cream and gently fold in using a spatula until just combined.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into the cooled tart shell and smooth the top with an offset spatula. Set aside to refrigerate.
For the Ganache
- Add the chopped chocolate to a small bowl. Add ¼ cup of heavy cream to a small saucepan and bring to a slow simmer. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat immediately and pour over chocolate. Add small cubed butter and vanilla and let sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Whisk the chocolate mixture together briskly until a smooth and shiny ganache forms
- .Pour over top of peanut butter mixture and smooth out the ganache using an offset spatula.
- Place tart in refrigerator until chocolate ganache is set about an hour. Remove tart from the pan when ready to serve.
- Sprinkle tart with flakey sea salt if desired.