Who doesn’t love the flavor combination of Peanut Butter and Chocolate. I have created a few yummy peanut butter chocolate combinations in the past and this one is just as good. Do you have any leftover Chocolate Bunnies sitting around the house? Better yet pick some up at 50% off or more by now at your grocery stores. (Kroger still has a lot of Easter Candy) You will want nice big chunks of Chocolate for these Peanut Butter cookies.
The recipe for the Peanut Butter Cookies suggests this recipe makes 3 dozen cookies. Well not in my world, especially because I used my largest Ice Cream Scoop to make these. One big cookie is sure to satisfy your sweet craving.
Cut up one of those yummy Easter Bunnies you have into chunks or just use regular chocolate chips.
Add them to your favorite peanut butter cookie recipe. The peanut butter cookie recipe cookie I am sharing was easily made with a spoon, no mixer needed.
Drop your balls of goodness onto a cookie sheet and press lightly with a fork. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, depending on size and hardness preference.
IF you can wait for them to cool you are better than we are in our home. Husband dug right into these gems.
Each cookie is like a meal, at least at the size I made. Oohh maybe I should add some vanilla ice cream for a sandwich. Either way these are super easy and super delicious, a great way to tell your family you love them.
Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening (used butter flavor)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (we only had smooth)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 c. sifted AP flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 -3/4 cup chopped up chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375′
- Mix shortening, peanut butter, sugars, and egg thoroughly. (I used a bowl and spoon)
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Coming both mixtures. Mix Well. Mix in the chocolate.
- Chill ( I missed this part) Roll into balls, (or use a ice cream scoop) place on greased cookie sheet, then flatten with fork.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. ( I baked closer to 8 to 10)
What would you like to add to your cookies?