New Year doesn’t mean sacrificing all sweets. Everything in moderation, including dessert. I had some PB2 powder in the pantry as well as some leftover Chocolate Kisses.
I decided to tweak the traditional Peanut Butter cookie recipe to add more protein. My family gobbled up these Protein-Packed Peanut Butter Cookies With Peanut Powder (PB2 recipes) and didn’t even notice.
If you are looking for more PB2 recipes check out our 20 Peanut Butter Powder Recipes
How can you make peanut butter cookies with peanut butter powder
Using the recipe from my Better Homes and Garden Cookbook that I have used for years, we simply substituted some of the flour for Peanut Butter Powder and you could not tell the difference.
How to Adjust Recipes to Use PB2 Powder
If you like using Peanut Powder sure to check out our 20 PB2 REcipes
Simply make your recipe and replace up to 1/3 of your flour for the Peanut Butter Powder. I replaced less just to be sure they didn’t fall apart after baked.
Protein Packed Peanut Butter Cookies With Peanut Powder 2 Ways
Peanut butter powder cookies
Using a small ice cream scoop make 1 inch balls. Roll the cookies in a little sugar.
For traditional looking peanut butter cookie, use a fork and press down lightly in a criss-cross pattern.
These powdered peanut butter cookies will spread out slightly after baking so place them a few inches apart.
For pb2 peanut butter cookies made into Blossom or Peanut Butter Cookies with a Chocolate kiss
Also using a small scoop, roll them out but keep them in a ball to bake.
When they are finished baking, immediately press a Chocolate Kiss and allow it to cool. Press the kiss into the cookie slightly to guarantee it will stay in place.
I could not resist making half of the cookie batter into traditional peanut Butter cookies while making the other half with the leftover Hershey kisses. Which do you think your family will like better?
How Does PB2 Change the Flavor of a recipe?
By using PB2 in our cookie recipe we did not notice any significant changes. If anything, the cookie has more peanut butter flavor, not to mention more protein.
How do you like to adapt recipes to make them a little more healthy?
Be sure to check out our Low Fat Chocolate Zucchini Bread recipe, the kids will have no idea you snuck veggies in their chocolate quick bread. Other PB2 Recipes include these High Protein Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.
No matter how you like your peanut butter cookies, warm with some almond milk is always tasty, add a little protein punch.
Peanut Butter Cookie with Peanut Powder Recipe
Be sure to pin these when you are ready to make a more healthy sweet treat!
Peanut Butter Powder Cookies
Pack your cookies with more protien and make these peanut butter cookies with Peanut Powder. Another way to use PB2 Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Powder
- Granulated sugar
- Hershey Kisses (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Whisk together the flour and peanut powder, set aside.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. If necessary, cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in additional granulated sugar to coat. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. For traditional cookies, use the tines of a fork and flatten balls by making crisscross marks on top.
For Blossom cookies, bake in a ball and then immediately place a chocolate kiss on top and allow to cool.
Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until bottoms are light brown. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 93Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 12mgSodium 74mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 6gProtein 2g