Low-fat Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
After being gone for 10 days I have proof that people are honest in this world. I came home to a 5 lb zucchini this weekend. Which says 1 of 2 things, people are not out to get the fruits of my labor or the folks I offered harvesting rights to, just did not know when it would be ready to be harvested!
Unfortunately, at this size, you can not just cut it up and make salads or even just saute it with some olive oil.
HOW TO FREEZE ZUCCHINI FOR BAKING
HOW TO MEASURE OUT BATTER FOR YOUR QUICK BREAD PANS
Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread RECIPE.
Always a hit. Pin this for later:
Other Zucchini Bread Recipes you might enjoy:
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour, You can also use all purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp each baking soda and cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 whole eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups packed, grated zucchini
- ½ cup chocolate chips-mini or regular size
- Preheat oven to 350’ Spray two 8x4 inch loaf pans with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, applesauce, vegetable oil and vanilla. Stir in Zucchini. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in chocolate chips. If making double recipe use a mixer)
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pans. Bake for 50 minutes (25 minutes for smaller loaves) or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes in pans and let cool on a wire rack before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 324Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 47mgSodium 332mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 4gSugar 22gProtein 7g