Fall is officially here and so are the new flavors of apple and zucchini left over from summer harvest. Thus we have combined these two flavors to make this amazing Apple Zucchini Quick bread that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
It seems like every year I plant a garden full of different vegetables and the only one to really prosper is Zucchini. Not to mention it basically just takes over the garden probably inhibiting the other veggies from growing properly.
If you have an abundance of Zucchini or just pick some extra at the farmers market, you can easily shred and freeze zucchini for future recipes or you can use it immediately for a batch of this super delicious Zucchini Apple Quick Bread recipe.
Apple ZucchiniI Bread Recipe
I don’t feel like I need to document step by step how to make a quick bread. If you can measure you can make a variety of quick bread recipes.
Don’t miss this chocolate Zucchini Bread which is also a keeper. The key to quick bread is to be sure it is cooked all the way thru but not dry. Not sure where the science is in this.
I have never made a Zucchini Apple bread before so I was thrilled to try this combination. The spice combination is delightful and this recipe makes multiple loaves so you can freeze one for later or give it away.
The most tedious part of this recipe is shredding the apple and zucchini but really, it takes a few minutes, you can do it.
What is the best way to mix quick bread batter?
You don’t have to but I like to use a mixer when making quick bread, especially ones that are larger batch recipes. Just be sure not to over mix any batter.
Your kitchen will be infused with the cinnamon deliciousnesses.
Allow it to cool, but my kids were drooling while watching it on the counter. We even enjoyed it with a slab of cream cheese on top.
Zucchini Apple Bread Recipe
I will be making this recipe in my arsenal of quick bread recipes. I hope your family will enjoy it as much as we did. Be sure to check out Quick Buttermilk Zucchini Bread Recipe or Chocolate Pumpkin Bread Recipe.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable oil*
- 1 cups sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup shredded peeled apples
- 1 chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In another bowl, beat eggs. Add oil, sugars and vanilla.
- Pour over dry ingredients; mix well. Stir in zucchini, apples and pecans (batter will be stiff).
- Spoon into two or three greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until done. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves.
I had larger loaf pans so it made 2 larger loaves
*Flour __ use half White whole wheat Flour for half AP flour
* Fat- we used 1/2 cup applesauce and 1 cup vegetable oil
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 39mgSodium 219mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 17gProtein 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.