You can tell zucchini is on my mind. Mainly because that is the only vegetable growing in my garden right now. At least while I was in town. When I left with the kids on our 10 day adventure there were at least 3 baby zucchini on the plant, my husband says he can not find any. We have either been attacked by deer or squirrels again or I have some huge veggies waiting for me. It is a good thing my kids adore Zucchini, especially Zucchini breads like the one I am about to share with you. I promise I will get off this zucchini bread thing and try some more savory zucchini recipes like zucchini fries. Yummy.
I adapted this recipe from allrecipes.com and came up with this amazing and moist zucchini bread that is super easy and everyone loves.
My kids did not care for the walnuts and I must agree with them this time. It really does not need the extra crunch.
It does provide some protein but I love to slather it with some plain reduced fat cream cheese. YUMMY.
A pretty straight forward recipe that I added a little more zucchini than suggested to add more moisture and you can see what you are eating, the flakes of green zucchini make this zucchini bread even more appetizing in my opinion.
Allow the bread to bake for 15 minutes before adding the sugar topping. I love using the Turbindo sugar to baked breads to provide a little sparkle to your finished product,
you can find it at Trader Joes.
Amazing Zucchini Bread the Kids Can Make
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1/2 cup applesauce 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Turbinado sugar optional
- Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- 3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- 4. Bake for 15 mins and add sugar topping, then Bake for 25 to 50 minutes longer, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 295Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 23mgSodium 174mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 18gProtein 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Other Zucchini Bread Recipes you might like:
http://Zucchini Apple Quick Bread Recipe