This post about Quick Seafood Recipe for the Family brought to you by Triad Retail Media. The content and opinions expressed below are that of close to home.
Serving your family healthy meals during the week can be difficult. Serving them grain free recipes can also be a chore. I am sharing this quick seafood recipe inspired by the new @PurinaBeyond Grain Free Cat food. If you are going to eat well, don’t your animals too. The Beyond Grain free has white fish and eggs to fulfill the high protein diet of cats. Like people cats can have sensitive stomachs so creating a grain free recipe is sure to make your cat and your kids purr in happiness.
This quick seafood recipe can be made on a week night because it only takes minutes to put together and just another 20 minutes to get to the table. Instead of regular starch in bread, we are serving a mushroom and sweet pea side dish. For the Tilapia with Tomato, Mushroom & Olive Sauce you need to saute your onions and garlic until translucent. This is important because they will not cook much more after you add the rest of the ingredients.
Add the rest of the ingredients and saute until the mushrooms are cooked. This is a good time to saute your mushrooms too.
Once you sauce if finished, add your cut slices of Tilapia or other white fish. Cover and allow the steam and boiling sauce do its work. Add the frozen peas to the other pan and allow to defrost and get flavorful.
Speaking of Grain-free here is a little about the Beyond natural Pet foods? They create cat food recipes that give your cat all the natural nutrition and essential nutrients she deserves, in grain free solutions you’re looking for. They’re simple and natural, with all the nutrition your cat needs and nothing she doesn’t.
- REAL FISH OR POULTRY IS THE #1 INGREDIENT IN DRY AND PATÉ
- NO CORN, WHEAT OR SOY
- NO POULTRY BY-PRODUCT MEAL
- NO ADDED ARTIFICIAL COLORS, FLAVORS OR PRESERVATIVES
Quick Seafood Recipe for the Family
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 5- to 6-ounce boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup cranberry sauce- homemade or whole berry jarred cranberry sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Melt butter in heavy medium skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Sauté pork until brown and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer pork to plate. Add wine to same skillet. Bring to simmer, scraping up browned bits in bottom of pan. Stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until slightly reduced, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Return pork and any juices to skillet. Cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Transfer pork to plates. Spoon sauce over and serve.
- This is made for 2 pork chops but you can double or triple it