This post brought to you by Cracker Barrel. The content and opinions expressed below are that of close to home. #cboldcountrystore
I can remember traveling to and from Vanderbilt in Nashville and stopping at a Cracker Barrel for a meal. I was a newly converted Vegetarian and the thought of stopping at a fast food restaurant made me nervous. I can also remember the wooden games on each table, providing plenty of entertainment. Even though I was anxious to get to our destination, there was something so welcoming about driving up to a Cracker Barrel.
It has been a few years since I have eaten at a Cracker Barrel but when checking out their locations for a upcoming road trip, I was pleased to see not only did they still have my old favorites, like the Country Vegetable Plate (choice of four vegetables), but they also have lower calorie choices, WHOLESOME FIXIN’S®VEGETABLES AND SIDES.
Love your southern dishes, don’t be concerned there are plenty of options that range from their Raised Catfish Fillet to Homemade Chicken n’ Dumplins. Of course you still get to pick your favorite veggie sides.
You can also get breakfast all day.
There is something about being on a road trip or a long ride from college that makes ones crave fresh made food. Cracker Barrel really makes an effort make home cooked meals.
- Our dumplins’ are made from scratch, rolled out with a rolling pin, hand cut, then simmered gently until tender
- We use only chicken tenderloin, “the best of the breast,” for our Chicken and Dumplins’, Chicken Salad and Fried Chicken Tenderloin
- We serve 100% USDA choice chuck roast with real mashed potatoes and gravy
- We cook Idaho Russet baked potatoes
- We use natural Colby cheese on salads, sandwiches and in our hashbrown casserole
- Our iced tea is always freshly brewed
- We use 100% inspected domestic ground beef
- We use only Grade A vegetables
- We use real buttermilk in our homemade biscuits and cornbread
You also can’t leave a Cracker Barrel without stopping by the Cracker Barrel’s Retail Store. It’s a great place to pick up unique birthday and hostess gifts. You can even pick up snacks and games for your road trip. I remember my mom bought dolls that looked like real babies in a bassinet. My parents loved Cracker Barrel.
If there is a little wait for a table when you arrive, no worries, grab one of their many rocking chairs and sit on the covered porch and wait for your Southern home cooking hospitality and check out checking out their products. you can find on the Cracker Barrel Site.