Trust me, you need to host an event with thisSpooky Halloween Dip Display. Who would not want a carved pumpkin filled with yummy Rotel Sausage Dip Recipe.
It is October and that means it is time to start thinking about Halloween. Yes, my decorations are already out and even though my kids are older and no longer trick or treat, I will continue to spread the Halloween Spirit.
Food is one of my favorite ways to share the Halloween spirit and my kids are always hungry so this is a win-win. My sister throws a huge Halloween party where she lives and so I went to her for some inspiration for our spooky Halloween Dip display.
Spooky Halloween Dip Display (RO*TEL Sausage Dip Recipe)
I asked her for her favorite Dip she uses for Halloween. She sent me her dip recipe that uses three simple ingredients:
- RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage
- Great Value Cream Cheese
- Chips for serving
This is no joke, simple and delicious is what we look for in our house. This simple dip recipe is so great because RO*TEL provides an easy way to add a little extra flavor to any recipe.
So how do we make this simple RO*TEL Sausage Dip Recipe into a spooky Halloween Display?
Years ago we shared this post on Halloween pumpkin decorating ideas. We have made the display of the vomiting pumpkin before so why not have a small pie sized pumpkin vomit our dip?
How to make this Spooky Halloween Dip Display
- Simply cut the top off your pumpkin and clean out the insides. (Rinse out the pumpkin a few times as well)
- Cut two slits for the eyes
- Cut a round circle close to the bottom of the pumpkin for the mouth
- Place your pumpkin on a platter
- Make your dip by browning the sausage first
- Add the flavorful RO*TEL Tomatoes filled with diced Turkey mayors and Green Chilies (you can also choose the mild version)
- Add cream cheese and melt
- Cook until the cheese is melted and ingredients are well mixed
- Pour the dip into the pumpkin and watch it come out of the mouth. (You may want the dip to cool slightly so it does not run out completely.)
- Use a spoon to push dip out of the mouth if it is not coming out by itself.
. Place the top of the pumpkin back on and place chips around the dip and serve.
You may be turned off by the presentation of this grotesque Halloween food display, but once you taste the awesomeness of the dish you will come back for more and more.
To make this easy Spooky Dip recipe shop at your local Walmart and even easier right here:
Halloween is such a fun time of year, and make fun Halloween food displays for your friends and family. No matter how old they are, we are all kids inside.
RO*TEL Sausage Dip Recipe
- 2 cans RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies
- 1 Roll of pork Sausage
- 2 8 oz bricks Cream Cheese
- Cook sausage until no longer pink. The end result should be crumbled so be sure to break up the sausage as it cooks.
- Drain excess fat from the cooked sausage
- Add undrained tomatoes and cream cheese. Cook until melted and evenly mixed in the dip
- Allow to cool slightly, then add to the prepared pumpkin
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 186Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 50mgSodium 217mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.