My youngest turned 8 earlier this month, for his birthday party we served these awesome Ice Cream Tacos. He has a tough time making choices sometimes so when I asked him for his family birthday cake choice, he kept going back and forth. I tried to have him look on Pinterest with me, and we finally came up with a combination that I think we all enjoyed, this Sprinkle Birthday Cake Recipe. Basically a yellow cake recipe with added sprinkles and a white cream cheese frosting recipe.
I have made chocolate cake from scratch before but had never made a yellow cake so I adapted this 100 year old one bowl yellow cake recipe. Next time I will use 8 inch pans instead of the 9 to get a higher cake.
How to make this Sprinkles Birthday Cake Recipe
I told you this is easy, I did make mine a mixer just to make things simpler. But now you can add the fun sprinkles.
Divide your batter evenly among the 2 pans. This cake looks so festive already. Feel free to use holiday related sprinkles too, for a special theme birthday cake idea.
I was glad the sprinkles did not stick to the bottom of the pan, which I started worrying about once they went in the oven. Once the cakes are cooled frost away and add some extra sprinkles if you dare!
Nothing says Happy Birthday more than birthday candles!
Making homemade cakes really are not that hard, and I think it turned out to be pretty festive, don’t you? A homemade Funfetti cake that you can personalize for your special person or team.
This was devoured pretty quickly over 2 days. I stored it in the fridge overnight! Cake does taste pretty good cold too.
What is your favorite type of Birthday Cake??
Sprinkles Birthday Cake Recipe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, sifted after measuring
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 3 3/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter, milk and vanilla. Beat with a mixer on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, occasionally scraping sides of bowl. Add eggs, beat for 3 more minutes. Add sprinkles and stir to mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing equally among both. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Turn out and cool thoroughly on wire racks. Frost with cream cheese frosting. Add additional sprinkles to outside of cake, refridgerate until set and ready to eat.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 517Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 81mgSodium 469mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 1gSugar 59gProtein 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.