This year my son declined to have a birthday party so we agreed to him just have a couple boys spend the night. We decided that homemade ice cream recipes inside our waffle ice cream tacos would be just the right treat or the boys to enjoy! I knew they loved ice cream tacos, so this was surely going to be a big hit! My kids almost always get the chico tacos from the ice cream truck, now they can get them at home and we know what exactly is inside of them. If you don’t have a pizzelle maker, you might be out of luck or you can purchase one for under $50. Your kids will definitely love their homemade ice cream tacos and have fun changing up the flavor combinations.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes: Waffle Ice Cream Tacos
This post contains affiliate links.
I have a Pizzelle Machine so this was a no-brainer for how to make these. I decided to make chocolate waffle cones for an added flavor. I used the recipe from my machine and instead of allowing them to cool, I put them over a thin pole to get the taco shape. This made the perfect container to add any of our homemade ice cream recipes to!
While these were cute and tasty, I decided to jazz them up by dipping the tops in chocolate and adding some sprinkles. Everyone loves a dipped cone, and of course, if you got the kids involved in the process you could let them create their own dipped cone versions to fill with their favorite homemade ice cream recipes.
Just dip the ends of the waffle cones into melted chocolate like shown.
Them immediately into some sprinkles and allow to dry. You could also choose candy bits, mini chocolate chips, or other flavorful treats that would easily cling to the melting chocolate.
You can either make these ahead and freeze them wrapped up or have a taco bar and allow the kids to pick their ice cream flavors to fill. Either way, the kids (and adults) will thoroughly enjoy this different spin on a birthday ice cream treat!
Fill your homemade ice cream tacos with some of these amazing homemade ice cream recipes below! Grab your ice cream maker, and have fun creating your own favorite flavors instead of that plain old store-bought variety you are used to eating.
- Mexican Fried Ice Cream Recipe from Stockpiling Moms
- Coconut Banana Ice Cream Recipe from Frugal Living Mom
- Coconut Ice Cream Recipe from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Strawberry Basil Ice Cream from Architecture of a Mom
- 7 Layer Banana Split Pie from The Kitchen is My Playground
- Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe— No Churn from Architecture of a Mom
- Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie–From A Moms Take
- Cherry Cheesecake Shake Recipe by Delightful Made
- Ice Cream Cupcakes by Close to Home
- Old Fashion Coke Floats Recipe by Family Food & Travel
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream by Gator Mommy Reviews
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cake Recipe perfect for Fourth of July by Daily Leisure
- Old Fashion Ice Cream Rol Recipe Cake by Close to Home
- Homemade Frozen Yogurt Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Basket Robins Ice Cream Cake by Close to Home
- Avocado Kiwi Ice Cream Recipe by Lori’s Culinary Creations
Everyone loves homemade ice cream recipes like these, and you can easily share them with your family for a special event like a birthday party, or just because after a weeknight meal!