I love Ice Cream Cake and have always enjoyed it with a cake layer at the bottom. The ice cream shop near our house made their ice cream cakes that way and it makes sense, it has at the word cake in it.
With summer break only days away, I wanted to start off our summer with a fun Ice Cream Treat like these ice cream cupcakes. This summer dessert is an easy way to feed a crowd too and you really only need about to prepare them 2 hours ahead of time to all for the ice cream to set.
Obviously, you can’t take them to a party unless the host has freezer space they will melt but what fun to take them out to a bunch of kids and adults who are already excited about the start of summer.
How to Make Ice Cream Cupcakes
We love ice cream and if you looked in my freezer you would wonder if we ate anything but ice cream. While I was looking for ice cream at Walmart to make these ice cream cupcakes, I could not help but notice new clear packaging on the Blue Bunny® ice cream, it allows you to see the flavor swirls inside.
This new packaging caught my eye, and here I am with three flavors of Blue Bunny® to make these frozen treats. These ice cream cupcakes are versatile but we went with chocolate cake, Blue Bunny® Homemade Vanilla for our frosting, Blue Bunny® Mint Chocolate Chip and Blue Bunny® Cookies & Cream flavors.
After I got the ice cream I started thinking of how will I add some more flavor to these ice cream cupcakes. I could not resist heading to the ice cream topping aisle. Filled with Smucker’s ice cream toppings, like the Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping or Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping.
I knew they are a great inexpensive way to add some fun to your summer ice cream.
Here there are on a platter. Beware if it is a hot day as they will melt quickly. You will need to wait to display them until right before serving time.
Yummy! These are just the right size and hit the spot. They stay frozen for a few days so you can enjoy any leftovers!! Just do not add the Smucker’s Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping until you are ready to serve! You could even have the kids add the topping and sprinkles.
What flavor combination would you make for these ice cream cupcakes? Which version do you like best?
- Cake Mix prepared per box instructions
- Ice Cream
- Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping
- Smucker's Chocolate or Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping
- Add cupcake liners to a cupcake pan.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of your cake batter to each cupcake liner.
- Bake for about 1/2 the time recommended for your cupcakes. Check for doneness.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Smucker's Chocolate or Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping on top of each cupcake
- Add 1 scoop of your favorite ice cream onto the topping and allow to freeze for an hour.
- Top with a generous amount of Smucker's Magic Shell Chocolate Fudge Flavored Topping and add sprinkles if you desire.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition InformationYield 12
Amount Per Serving Calories 667 Saturated Fat 18g Cholesterol 104mg Sodium 364mg Carbohydrates 87g Fiber 3g Sugar 67g Protein 10g