Ice Cream Ice Cream, oh how we love some ice cream all year long. We used close too 4 cups and were plenty satisfied. Allow the ice cream to sit out and soften but not too far before trying this step. It will truly be a time saver.
For an added touch, serve with some hot fudge on the plate.
Jelly Roll Cake Recipe
- 4 Egglands Best eggs, separated
- 1/3 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups Vanilla Ice cream , or your favorite
- Separate eggs. Allow egg whites and yolks to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, grease and lightly flour a 15x10x1-inch pan; set pan aside. Add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda to flour. mix and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat egg yolks and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add the 1/3 cup granulated sugar, beating on high speed until sugar is almost dissolved.
- Thoroughly wash the beaters. In another bowl beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Gradually add the 1/2 cup granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Fold egg yolk mixture into beaten egg whites. Sprinkle flour mixture over egg mixture; fold in gently just until combined. Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately loosen edges of cake from pan and turn cake out onto a towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Roll up towel and cake into a spiral starting from one of the cakes short sides. Cool on a wire rack. Unroll cake; remove towel. Roll up cake. Makes 10 servings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 65mg Sodium: 60mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 22g Protein: 4g
Enter the Sweepstakes:
Pin this for your next ice cream cake treat recipe.