Texas Sheet Cake Recipe- Cake for a Crowd post may contain affiliate links.
We love making cakes, especially for our family’s birthdays. However, we are looking for a make ahead desserts to feed a crowd and don’t have time to let the cake layers cool and then assemble the cake, a Texas sheet cake is the perfect solution.
Not many cake recipes can you pour the frosting over a warm cake. This is a forget it and go type recipe, that even my 15-year old baked all on her own.
Texas Sheet Cake Recipe- Desserts for a Crowd
The Texas Sheet Cake Recipe is exceptionally moist and rich in chocolate flavor that I am sure the entire crowd will be thrilled to indulge. So next time you plan on bringing a dessert to a party, bake up a tray of this Texas Sheet Cake, you won’t be disappointed.
The best part is that you could easily decorate it later for any occasion.
Dessert for a Crowd 20 People
This cake is baked in a 10×13 baking pan and is very dense in flavor that you can easily serve 20 people off one cake.
Desserts for a Crowd of 50
I think I would even make this for a dessert buffet and just cut it into bite-size portions for a wonderful bite of chocolate. Making desserts for a crowd does not have to be hard, just get an arsenal of great recipes.
Make a double batch to get enough to feed a crowd of 50 if you don’t want smaller pieces.
What is a Texas Sheet Cake?
What makes this Texas Sheet Cake Recipe so easy, is you frost the cake while it is warm out of the oven. No waiting around for it to cool. The frosting is sweet and made easily on the stovetop while you wait for the cake to bake.
This cake stayed moist for several days. We did not add nuts to the frosting as is traditional for Chocolate sheet cakes because my youngest does not care for nuts in things. You can easily add it to the top for decoration.
Make ahead Desserts for a Crowd
You are super busy getting ready for your guests. The last thing you want to worry about is making multiple desserts to feed everyone.
Be sure to pin this recipe for your next dessert for a crowd need.
I could use a slice right now if I was not trying to limit my sweets in the new year.
What your favorite dessert to make for a crowd? Don’t have one that you need to try this Texas Sheet Cake Recipe.
Other Desserts To Feed A Crowd recipes you might like:
Texas Sheet Cake Recipe- Easy Dessert for a Crowd
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 1/2 cups 1 lb confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch pan.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Beat in the sour cream and eggs. Set aside. Melt the butter on low in a saucepan, add the water and 5 tablespoons cocoa. Bring mixture to a boil then remove from heat. Allow to cool slightly, then stir cocoa mixture into the egg mixture, mixing until blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- For the icing: In a large saucepan, combine the milk, 5 tablespoons cocoa and 1/2 cup butter. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Stir in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla, then fold in the nuts, mixing until blended. Spread frosting over warm cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 362 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 199mg Carbohydrates: 54g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 42g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g