Do you have the task of baking something for a bake sale? While we all love a good Chocolate Chip Cookie, how about making dessert recipe that is a little different.
These Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe are the best bake sale recipe because they are a dense and portable but a super easy bar recipe.
I had made some Chocolate and Oatmeal bars in the past, they were no bake, but saw this baked version and was tempted to have a bake off too!! My family is always up for taste testing dessert.
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL BARS
The verdict is out: A delicious chocolate fudge layered between oatmeal cookie dough. Easy and so yummy!
These Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe are definitely not as sweet and I did not add the nuts since one child is not a big fan of nuts in his food. Next time I might experiment by putting them in half of the batch.
I reduced to butter by 3 tablespoons as I only had 2 sticks in the fridge. The hardest part of this recipe was spreading the bottom layer as the dough was very very sticky.
Can only imagine if it had all the butter how much more sticky it would have felt.
These will pack well in lunch boxes and great to pack for a picnic too. I may also try to add some Nutella or peanut butter to the chocolate next time for a different taste.
I hope you find some time to bake with your family and next time you have the chance to contribute to a bake sale think about making these oatmeal fudge bars.
Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe
Oatmeal Fudge Bars Recipe Source: Virginia Fare Cookbook
More Yummy Bake Sale Recipes:
Dog Treat Recipes are always a hit too. Just be sure and clearly label the packaging.
Be sure to pin this recipe for your next baking adventure. I am curious to hear what you think of it.
Other Bake Sale recipes you might like:
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats, or old-fashioned
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional, I don't use them
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, sift flour, baking soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture. Mix in oats.
- In a heavy saucepan, mix sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter; heat just until melted. Stir in vanilla and nuts if using.
- Spread 2/3 of the oatmeal dough into prepared baking pan. Spread with chocolate mixture. Drop or sprinkle remaining 1/3 of dough on top by spoonfuls.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely , then cut into bars. Should make 3-4 dozen if cut small enough
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 412Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 47mgSodium 254mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 3gSugar 35gProtein 6g