Trying to keep desserts in moderation I thought I would make this favorite easy key lime pies recipe into something with extra protein and in a small portion. This helps me manage to stay in my healthier eating plan, and of course, keeps the flavors amazing. If you are looking for a great recipe to serve at your next party, or just to keep on hand and help you stay in calorie budget for your diet plan, this is the best recipe to choose! Such bright and yummy flavors make it a hit with everyone! Plus they make great desserts for a crowd.
Easy Key Lime Pies Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
These Mini Key Lime Pies are nothing new, but they do fit into my efforts to still enjoy sweets while choosing wisely. Making desserts at home not only saves money but allows you to control what you put into them. Muffin tins are the perfect size when making any small pie. Another little short cut I take when making Key Lime pie is using bottled Key Lime Juice. I know the real thing is better but sometimes it is hard to find the small key limes in the markets. Since I am not from Key West I really don’t mind. Even if not truly fresh key lime, this easy key lime pies recipe is sure to please!
To begin this easy key lime pies recipe, you will make your graham cracker crust. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, pat the crumbs into a muffin paper. Bake for about 8 minutes to allow the crust to set. This keeps them from being soggy and makes them easier to eat after they are done.
Make your Key Lime Pie filling and scoop it onto the cooled crust. A unique ingredient in this recipe is NonFat Greek Yogurt. It provides more protein and no fat compared to sour cream. I love how handy and adaptable it is in recipes, but especially in desserts like this!
Whenever I make things in a cupcake container, I like using an ice cream scoop for perfect proportions. They come in various sizes, so you can test out which works best to give you just enough filling in each mini pie you make.
Next, you will bake your easy key lime pies recipe. Once you remove from the oven, you will want to cool thoroughly before adding whipped cream or a slice of lime to the top. Some people even prefer to keep in the freezer until time to serve so they are extra cold.
I think these would be amazing for any party, especially for a dessert buffet. They are so easy to make and pretty to serve! You could add to a cupcake platter, or on a tiered serving platter alongside other great desserts. I love bite-sized treats like this for parties since I don’t have to worry about serving! Since they need to be refrigerated they would not be great for a Bake Sale Recipe but dessert for a crowd.
I hope you enjoy this easy key lime pies recipe for your next birthday, party, barbecue, or another event. Make them in double batches and freeze to eat on occasion, or keep in the refrigerator and watch them disappear fast!
Easy Key Lime Pies Recipe
Mini Key Lime Pie Recipes are the perfect dessert bar recipe. Individual key lime pies are great for entertaining.
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs crushed (about 12 squares)
- 1 1/2 T Sugar
- 1/4 stick butter or 2 tablespoons
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 3 tbs nonfat greek yogurt
- Whipped cream
1. If not using pre crushed crumbs, crush the graham cracker squares in a food processor or place in a gallon size bag and roll with a rolling pin.
2. Add sugar and butter and mix into the crushed graham cracker.
3. Press 1 tablespoon graham cracker mixture into the bottom of a cupcake liner. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes so that it can harden.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together egg whites, condensed milk, lime juice, and greek yogurt. Mix well.
5. Fill the cupcakes about 3/4 of the way full with the mixture. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheesecake is set. and cool. (ovens vary so cooking time can as well)
6. Top with whip cream and garnish with lime if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Other Easy Key Lime Pie Recipes: