The Only Blueberry Cobbler Recipe You Will Need
Did I mention how easy this blueberry dessert is to make? Just coat your fruit with a little brown sugar and a tablespoon or so of Orange juice and dump into a nine-inch pie plate.
Our cobbler topping was made in a food processor, Add the cold butter and mix of dry ingredients into the bowl of the food processor.
Process the ingredients until you get crumbles.
Add an egg and vanilla extract and pulse until mixed thoroughly.
Drop tablespoons of batter on top of your fruit and bake until golden brown.
It is ideal to bake this an hour before you are ready to serve dessert. The ideal is not really all the time. I made this earlier in the day and then just heated it slightly in a 200 degree oven until warmed.
Don’t forget the ice cream if you have it. There is nothing better than the warm cobbler with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream! Enjoy the flavors of summer.
This is a versatile recipe that you could mix and match many different fruits. What type of cobbler will you make?
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
A gooey blueberry cobbler with a light, cakey topping.
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 8 tablespoons 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In an 8 inch square baking dish or 9 inch round pie dish, mix blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and orange juice. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor bowl pulse butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. add Flour mixture and pulse for 10 seconds or until crumbly. Add egg and vanilla extract. mixing just until ingredients are combined. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of filling as possible.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
Best served immediately and warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 344Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 71mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 3gSugar 32gProtein 3g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Other Summer fruit dessert for a crowd you might like:
Shortcut Blueberry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
Yummy! This blueberry cobbler looks so tasty especially with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! I love how easy this recipe is. I need to try this recipe soon since blueberries are in season right now.
I love a good cobbler a la mode. I haven’t had blueberry yet, but yours looks incredible!
What it is about a baked blueberry that is so good? I love how the juices spread out all over the cobbler. Looks fantastic.
I like that you can also switch out the fruit for whatever is in season!
We’re about to go blueberry picking so this recipe is perfect! It looks so pretty and impressive, but so much easier than baking a pie 🙂
That looks nice. I like fruit desserts, and cobblers. Thank you for sharing this one Joy of Desserts.