The Only Blueberry Cobbler Recipe You Will Need
Did I mention how easy this blueberry dessert is to make? Just coat your fruit with a little brown sugar and a tablespoon or so of Orange juice and dump into a nine inch pie plate.
Our cobbler topping was made in a food processor, Add the cold butter and mix of dry ingredients into the bowl of the food processor.
Process the ingredients until you get crumbles.
Add an egg and vanilla extract and pulse until mixed thoroughly.
Drop tablespoons of batter on top of your fruit and bake until golden brown.
It is ideal to bake this an hour before you are ready to serve dessert. Ideal is not realistic all the time. I made this earlier in the day and then just heated it slightly in a 200 degree oven until warmed.
Don’t forget the ice cream if you have it. There is nothing better than the warm cobbler with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream! Enjoy the flavors of summer.
This is a versatile recipe that you could mix and match many different fruits. What type of cobbler will you make?
Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into bits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In an 8 inch square baking dish or 9 inch round pie dish, mix blueberries, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and orange juice. Set aside. In a small bowl, thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a food processor bowl pulse butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. add Flour mixture and pulse for 10 seconds or until crumbly. Add egg and vanilla extract. mixing just until ingredients are combined. Drop batter by rounded tablespoons over blueberry mixture. Try to cover as much of filling as possible.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Best served immediately and warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Other Summer fruit dessert recipes you might like: