Our easy summer peach pie recipe is one that we come back to over and over again. It’s ideal for making when we get the chance to go peach picking, or when we see peaches on sale in the market.
Fresh peaches make a wonderful easy pie that everyone loves with a scoop of vanilla ice cream! This easy peach pie recipe requires no peeling and uses a deliciously easy crumble topping.
While the juicy peaches shine in this pie, it’s the streusel topping that adds texture and extra crunch … A fresh peach pie deserves a tasty crumble topping.
Easy Summer Peach Pie Recipe
This post contains affiliate links.
I am revisiting this peach pie recipe that I made in 2011 because we just went peach picking again this past week and although we could have eaten these sweet peaches fresh, I needed to remake this favorite pie recipe.
DO I NEED TO PEEL PEACHES TO MAKE A PIE?
This peach pie recipe is easy because it is so simple and the best part is that you don’t have to peel the peaches. Just slice them and add them to your crust. (store-bought for us).
In an hour, you have a flavor of summer that will soon be gone.
HOW TO MAKE A PEACH CRUMBLE PIE TOPPING
Making a crumble topping with oatmeal is iconic for pies and other desserts. We like this one because it has an oatmeal topping as well.
Feels like you are getting a little nutrition from the fruit and oats! I even used whole wheat flour because I was all out of the other!
HEALTHIER SINGLE CRUST PEACH PIE_ Easy Crumble Topping
Plus, it’s a healthier option than a second crust which is more popular on fruit pies usually.
Use your clean hands or a pastry tool to make the crust. Kids can help with this step!
DO I HAVE TO MAKE A HOMEMADE PIE CRUST?
You can use a pre-baked pie crust for a faster peach pie recipe, or cook your crust a bit before putting your filling in so the top doesn’t burn while making sure your crust is cooked through.
HOW SHOULD I SERVE MY PEACH PIE WITH OATMEAL STREUSEL?
Of course, no peach pie recipe is complete without a scoop of yummy vanilla ice cream on a warm or even room temperature pie. Kids love the chance to have extra ice cream on their dessert, and adults will enjoy that extra cream.
If you find a local orchard that will let you come out and pick leftover peaches, you can find great deals on slightly bruised pieces of fruit. If you can manage this, then you’ll find you save tons of money and you can freeze or can the excess fruit for future pies, cakes, cookies, and treats.
One of my favorite parts of peach picking is the fact that I can have delicious fruit for months at a low cost. You can easily wash, slice, and freeze in vacuum storage bags and use the peaches up to six months down the road. If you are good at home canning, you can make your own homemade fruit pie filling.
This easy summer peach pie recipe is a perfect choice for any weekend potluck with your friends and family. Fruit pies go great alongside your favorite grilled or barbecued meats, and of course, they are a little bit healthier than other desserts.
Other Pie Recipes:
- 5 Ingredient Truffle Pie Recipe
- Mini Key Lime Pies Recipe
- Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Super Easy and Delicious Skillet Peach Cobbler Recipe
Peach Crumble Pie is a no peel peach pie recipe
- 3 lbs fresh peaches, sliced 1/2 slices, about 6 cups
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 9- inch pie shell, baked
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Make filling in a large bowl, toss together
- Combine the peaches with the sugar, and flour Toss lightly. Make topping in a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour and oats and using hands work in butter until large clumps form
- Transfer peach filling to pie shell, then sprinkle with crumb topping. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until juices are bubbling and topping is golden brown, 1 hr to 1hr 15 mins. Let cool on a wire rack 1 1/2 hrs before serving. Store covered, at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Amount Per Serving Calories 291Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 27mgSodium 103mgCarbohydrates 43gFiber 4gSugar 27gProtein 4g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.