I used to chuckle inside when I heard an adult claim they had not tried a certain food. For example, my parents have never had sushi. Not even tried it. I get that they don’t want raw fish but there are so many other things like California rolls in which everything is cooked.
I digress. Well at 42, I realized I have never tried rhubarb. At least to my knowledge!! I know I have never cooked with it. I was at our market last week and saw the stalks sitting in the produce aisle.
Did you know Rhubarb is actually a vegetable? I did not but wow what a combination these two delicious ingredients create. This Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe is sure to be a keeper, as it inspired me to buy a few rhubarb plants to grow my own.
Simply Delicious Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe
I thought you know this is something I would like to try. Thanks to technology, I was able to google rhubarb recipes, select a rhubarb strawberry recipe and buy all the ingredients during one shop. Granted this recipe was pretty easy all I really needed to buy was the rhubarb and strawberries.
I actually had to look up how to use rhubarb when I got home. I knew the leaves were poisonous, but they don’t give you those at the grocery store but I was not sure if you treated it like celery and just chopped it or if you had to boil it first…..
It could not be easier, just dice and slice your fruit and you are halfway there.
Cover with the sugar and flour mixture
Make the crisp topping
How to Make This Simply Delicious Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe Ahead:
I put this recipe in advance and just put the pan into the fridge until 30 minutes before I was going to bake it.
Right out of the oven you could smell this.
A little ice cream and /or whipped cream to serve. Be sure to pin this for an amazing Simply Delicious Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe
OMG. What have I been waiting for? This was so amazing I loved the sweet and tartness of this dish. There is nothing special about this recipe I have made crisps before but this was the BEST. This is a simple dessert that is easy enough to serve to your family during the weekday or even to serve to guests as one your dinner party desserts!
3>What is your favorite Strawberry Rhubarb Recipe? Check out more Strawberry Rhubarb Recipes from our blog and others.
Hello, Rhubarb we might just become friends this spring.
Rhubarb Strawberry Crisp Recipe
- 1 cup white sugar, use less if strawberries are sweet I used closer to 3/4 cup.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, about 1 lb of strawberries
- 3-4 cups rhubarb , diced, about 5 stalks
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Vanilla Ice cream or whipped cream to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- 2. In a large bowl, mix white sugar, 3 tablespoons flour, strawberries, and rhubarb. Place the mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. ( used a smaller pan more like 8x12)
- 3. Mix 3/4 cup flour, brown sugar, butter, and oats until crumbly. You may want to use a pastry blender for this. Crumble on top of the rhubarb and strawberry mixture.
- 4. Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crisp and lightly browned.
- 5. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream or both:)
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 475Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 38mgSodium 120mgCarbohydrates 85gFiber 7gSugar 59gProtein 5gAll information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.
WHAT FOOD HAVE YOU NEVER TRIED?
Other Recipes you must try: