We are in full swing of the blueberry season around the county. If you can’t go to a pick your own farm, markets have great prices on fresh blueberries. We have updated this post since 2014 and my daughter and her friend actually made the recipe and took most of the photos.
I thought the kids would have eaten them all by now but it was a crazy week with the kids coming and going. I was not sure what I wanted to make with the remainder of the blueberries but while at the store I picked up a Graham cracker pie crust. I spent a few minutes online and found a blueberry cheesecake bars and decided to adapt it for this Shortcut Blueberry Cheesecake Pie.
I call it shortcake Blueberry Cheesecake Pie because half the work is done for you by buying a store-bought graham cracker crust. If you feel so obliged to make your own but I am all about easy, especially during the summer.
The Best Shortcut Blueberry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
Then make your cheesecake filling, which could not be simpler. I was a little nervous as it seemed pretty runny but I just added some additional cooking time. Make sure the middle of the pie is set before taking it out of the oven.
While your cheesecake layer is cooking, prepare your blueberry topping. If you were feeling like making a huge short cut buy a can of blueberry topping, but with all the fresh blueberries around and it is so simple, make it yourself.
In just minutes on the stove, you have your awesome blueberry topping. Told you it was easy, just sugar, corn starch, and water to make this blueberry topping.
Give yourself at least 4-6 hours before you want to serve this pie. You really want it to get cooled in the fridge. Most cheesecake recipes suggest cooling overnight. I made this late morning and we had it for dinner the same day.
Enjoy the flavors of blueberries in this shortcut cheesecake pie, you can probably change the topping to meet your families tastes and what is in season at the markets.
Blueberry Cheesecake Pie Recipe
- 1 Graham Cracker Crust Pie Crust, store bought
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 1/4 cup white sugar , depending on sweetness of berries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest (optional)
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, eggs and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture over pie crust.
- 3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 30 minutes or until middle is set
- 5. For the blueberry filling: In a large sauce pan, combine blueberries, water, corn starch and 1 cup sugar. Cook and stir until thick. Add the lemon zest and juice now if using.
- 6. Spread blueberry filling over baked cream cheese mixture. Let cool. Refrigerate overnight or for several hours
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 437Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 75mgSodium 306mgCarbohydrates 55gFiber 3gSugar 30gProtein 6g