Looking for an easy brunch recipe or maybe just a quick breakfast treat, this streusel filled coffee cake is perfect for guests or a lazy Saturday Morning. The original coffee cake recipe called for a 9×13 pan but I reduced the recipe in half for my family of 5. It is the perfect compliment to a cup of coffee or tea and great served warm or room temperature.
We added chocolate chips to our streusel filled coffee cake but you can choose the types of nuts, extra ingredients to add to yours.
Homemade coffee cakes are simple to make and only take a few minutes to put together. Skip the store-bought ones and enjoy a slice of your own coffee cake tailored to your family’s tastes.
Add half the of the batter into your greased pan, than add 1/2 of the streusel topping than the rest of your batter.
Top off the batter with the other half of the streusel topping.
Bake until a fork comes out clean.
Allow cooling slightly before serving.
Enjoy with a cup of coffee.
You can also split the recipe in half and make one square pan in a disposable pan to give to a friend or neighbor.
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsps cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Blend with a fork, set aside. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Stir in eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well. Pour half the batter into greased 8x8 square pan.
- Add half of the streusel topping, repeat with remaining batter and topping.
- Bake 20-30 minutes checking after 20 minutes.
This recipe can be doubled and baked in a 9 x 13x2 inch pan. Bake 25-30 mins.
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 277Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 27mgSodium 265mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 27gProtein 5g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.