This is a Fast Metabolism Diet “Make and Take” MommyParty sponsored by Random House.
I will start by saying none of my fabulous friends need to lose 20 pounds in 28 days but I think this book included some informative information to use in our daily lifestyles. But they all graciously came over to learn more about this new way to lose more weight.
I am not an advocate of diet so much as I am for lifestyle changes. Too many women and men go on fad diets, I went on the 3 day diet in High school a few times. You lose the weight but then you gain it right back when you go back to your own habits.
SO this is where the High Metabolism Diet written by Haylie Pomroy, celebrity nutritionist, comes in. Maybe you are just aging and your metabolism is slowing down. By starving yourself, you are going to slow it down even further. In The Fast Metabolism Diet book you are instructed to eat 5 times a day, basically you eat more food and will lose more weight.
The Fast Metabolism Diet was released on April 9th and has already reached the top of the best seller lists. The diet is broken down in 3 phases for a 7 day week:
Phase I (Monday-Tuesday): Lots of carbs and fruits
Phase II (Wednesday-Thursday): Lots of proteins and veggies
Phase III (Friday-Sunday): All of the above, plus healthy fats and oils
It is only meant to be a 4 week diet and you can do a week down the road to maintain. Also if you want to lose more after the 4 weeks, you just continue to do a week at a time to reach your weight loss goal.
My friends came over and I first treated them to some spa party treatments you can read here. Then I got serious and introduced them to this book.. I think they were amazed I was not serving any cocktails for this party, that is why I themed it as a “spa party”.
Here are some of the comments/thoughts my friend had about The Fast Metabolism Diet:
- What is unique to this diet, yet my friends agreed challenging, are the requirements each day. There are three phases in this plan and you switch them every two days. This does not just include the types of food you eat but also the type of exercise you preform.
- I split up my friends and gave them the task to come up with a work out routine, yoga/stretching, cardio and weightlifting. I am not sure they enjoyed me telling them we were actually going to do them!! My daughter video taped it but I promised not to share this.
- My friends all agreed if someone would do all the shopping and make the meals in this book they could probably do it. As we all have several children, keeping up with one more schedule just seemed overwhelming.
- The thing I liked about this diet book is that all the recipes are real food that you can serve your family too. Like turkey chili or roasted pork. There are all types of recipes to meet your families needs such as vegetarian, organic and gluten free options. (NO EXCUSES NOW) You might not be able to buy everything at your local Kroger but maybe one quick trip to a Whole Foods would get you through the week. She does encourage organic fruits and veggies and nitrate free meats which can be hard to find unless you go to a speciality grocery store.
I made the Sweet Potato Hummus recipe for a snack. This was super easy recipe and everyone enjoyed it. See girls you can do this!! Of course you are not supposed to eat with pretzel chips!!
I was going to serve the burn calories watermelon but when I opened my watermelon minutes before the party, it was bad. Sooo bummed. All the recipes in this book are supposed to heat up your metabolism.
Sweet Potato Hummus Recipe and Cucumbers
Prep Time 20 minutesTotal Time 20 minutes
- 2 16 oz. can chickpeas, drained, reserving 1/3 cup liquid
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 11/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups sliced cucumbers
- Just mix all the hummus recipe ingredients except the cucumbers in a food processor and boom, a unique and flavorful
- hummus recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1343 Saturated Fat: 10g Sodium: 1515mg Carbohydrates: 134g Fiber: 36g Sugar: 16g Protein: 52g
If you like to meal plan for your family there is no guess work here either. One suggestions I have is that Haylie needs a website to track and print out the weekly recipes and food choices to post on your kitchen to make it easy to reference each day.
One joked if she did all the things that were No No’s in the book, such as no alcohol, no dairy etc she would lose weight just from that. They don’t realize there really is no calorie counting or fat gram worry which actually makes this “diet”easier.
Thanks to Random House, all my friends brought home a copy of the book. Will they follow through and do the things I am not sure but I am pretty sure a few of them will read it cover to cover.
I definitely plan on trying more of her recipes like the crock pot chili in my new CROCKPOT I also received as a host.
Each lady was able to bring home a goodie bag of teas, applewood and Celestial tea coupons as well as recipe cards.
What is the craziest diet you ever tried?