We recently took a road trip from Richmond, Virginia to midcoast Maine for a summer family vacation. Any excuse to escape the heat and humidity of the south. We found our home on VRBO and opted to be off the ocean. Why not a ocean view home you must be wondering. When we did our search most of the properties that were dog friendly were already booked. Plus knowing the temp of the ocean is so cold, we opted for a home that had a 30 acre lake and many amenities to keep the family occupied, including chickens. Thanks to the folks at REEL Lifestyle Outdoor Apparel for sending us products to test and use in this post TopThings to Do Midcoast Maine, we were based in Belfast Maine.
Top Things to Do Midcoast Maine
We took many day trips throughout our week in Belfast, Maine and wanted to share them as this was a busy trip filled with many outdoor adventures for our active family.
- Fishing in the pond was a big hit for all family members.
- Walking, running or biking the railroad path
- Exploring the shops of downtown Belfast
- Young’s Lobster Pound- Eat in or bring them home. It’s a BYOB lobster restaurant that is super casual but you can’t get any fresher than right off the boats
- Explore the shops
- Lobster Cruise on the Lively Lady
- Camden State Park– Hike Mount Battie
Acadia National Park & Bar Harbor Maine
- Only spent one day here but explored the island by land and foot. Go early and use the free bus
- Hit Bar Harbor for ice cream and walked around the town and hiked the island path at low tide
- Sea Kayak Tours
- Head a little farther south to the Owl Head Light House and grab lunch at the general store
- Eat at Claws roadside Lobster joint
- Dog Friendly, isolated hike. Biggest uninhabited island in the US.
- Hit the dog friendly beach
- Watch the Ferry to Isleboro
What to pack for your adventure to midcoast Maine? We were introduced to REEL Lifestyle clothing. Founded by a family of outdoor enthusiasts, REEL Lifestyle apparel is dedicated to promoting activities of all kinds in and around the water.
Whether you’re kayaking down the river, boating on the lake, paddle boarding in the ocean, or fishing anywhere, we want to help you get the most out of living the REEL Lifestyle. The x3 Ultra Soft Lightweight Pullover Hoodie was super soft and just the right weight. However, after we dried it, it shrunk enough my husband gave it to my 14 year old son to wear. That was the only disappointing part. Just buy a size up as the REEL
Of course the SnapBack hats for Fisherman are so popular these days and they come in a variety of colors.
About the REEL Lifestyle Company: “Our goal is to create clothing that offers maximum comfort and style and looks great on every member of the family. By combining great design with high quality fabrics, our easy to wear apparel gives you the freedom your body needs to move around – whether you’d rather be on a gushing river, placid lake or riding giant waves – we’re glad to have you as part of the REEL tribe! ”