Get ready for the summer holidays with these Two Patriotic Red White & Blue Cookie Recipes that are simple to make and finding Red White and Blue Candies is super easy this time of year.
My husband went to the Naval Academy and spent 6 years in the military. He still has many friends from college that are serving in some capacity. We also have a few close friends where we live who have served or are currently serving in the military.
This is a huge commitment and sacrifice with the world we currently live in. My husband and I often donate to a few different military organizations to help those that have been injured while serving.
With all the summer holidays and entertaining having some large bags of M&M’s® and Skittles® on hand will be very helpful. Plus I am sharing 2 Patriotic recipes using the M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate to serve up at your next summer party.
We had a Memorial Day BBQ this weekend and this was the perfect excuse to use M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate in two fun patriotic cookie recipes. I have seen cookie cakes on Pinterest using left over Halloween Candy, and thought it would be fun to make some with a Red, White and Blue theme.
This Patriotic cookie recipe is easier to make than individual cookies and looks so festive on your dessert table.
Two Patriotic Cookie Ideas
Simply mix your ingredients in a mixer so you ensure a fluffy batter.
Fold in chocolate chips and your M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate. You don’t want to use the mixer or they will break.
Spread your batter into a glass pie plate and top with additional M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate.
Allow to bake and cool completely.
When the patriotic cookie cake is completely cooled, you can decorate it with a white frosting in a piping bag fitted with a star tip.
Dab a little frosting around the edge of the cake and sprinkle some red, white and blue sprinkles for some extra fun.
HOW MANY SERVINGS DOES THIS COOKIE CAKE MAKE?
I recommend cutting these into 16 slices as the cookie cake is dense and rich. A small slice is all you really need.
HOW TO MAKE FLAG COOKIES
Plus if you have time to make a batch of these adorable flag cookies your guests are going to want to save room for these as well.
Make a batch of your favorite sugar cookie recipe. Roll them out and cut out rectangles.
Bake, allow to cool completely and then have fun decorating. I enlisted a few of my daughters friends who were taking a break after taking a final exam.
These flag cookies are such an adorable and simple way to show your support for our Troops.
Look how festive these flag cookies look on a summer galvanized tray.
I know when we used to send care packages to our friends we would always include at least one bag of M&M’s® in their boxes. It is a true icon of American snacks and why not use them to make some patriotic cookies to serve your friends and family as we celebrate our country as well as support our troops
.Be sure to be on the look out for M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate, M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Peanut, and Skittles® Red, White, & Blue
LOOKING FOR MORE RED WHITE AND BLUE RECIPES:
Be sure to look for more patriotic recipes here.
What patriotic food would you make with these M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate, M&M’s® Red, White, & Blue Peanut, and Skittles® Red, White, & Blue candies?
Other Patriotic Desserts you might like:
- 14 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at rom temperature
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- White Frosting
- red, white and blue sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 (F) degrees. Generously grease a 9-inch pie dish with butter or non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed until completely creamy; about 1 minute. Add the granulated sugar and the brown sugar and beat on medium-high speed until fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add in eggs and beat until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate and stir until just combined.
- Press the cookie dough evenly into the prepared pan, and sprinkle the remaining M&M's® Red, White, & Blue Milk Chocolate on top, just gently pressing it down with a spatula. Bake for 25 minutes or until the cake is lightly golden brown and set in the center.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and then decorate the edge with frosting and sprinkles if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 265Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 52mgSodium 157mgCarbohydrates 29gFiber 1gSugar 26gProtein 2g
All information and tools presented and written within this site are intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information on stayingclosetohome.com should only be used as a general guideline.