I am no stranger to banana bread recipes. In fact I am not sure I make the same one unless I want to make a quick batch and not worrying about blogging about the recipe. However, I think I have found the ultimate chocolate Banana Bread Recipe and may never try a new one again. (we’ll see right) I was going thru some old magazines and found this banana-chocolate bread and as a result I might just buy more bananas than my family normally eats just for an excuse to make this quick bread. Here is the Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Recipe
Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Banana Bread Recipe
This recipe is pretty standard except I don’t normally use butter in my quick breads but this might help it maintain the moisture. Also the second ingredient that might have taken this bread over the edge of deliciousness is the bittersweet chocolate bars you chop up, it is 6 ozs, so we are talking 2 large bars.
I used what I had in the house and I think it made an amazing combination. I had dark sea salt chocolate and one orange flavored dark chocolate bar. It provided just the right amount of citrus flavor that had me craving for more.
That is a lot of chocolate but you cant see it until you cut open the loaf.
I even added a layer of cream cheese on a few slices for a protein packed snack.
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, we used turbinado sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas, 3 to 4
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped ( we used one citrus flavored bar)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 5-by-9-inch loaf pan. Or spray with bakers secret spray.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 3. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down bowl as needed.
- 4 Beat in bananas, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture and chocolate on medium. Pour batter into pan. Bake until a skewer inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 5. Let bread cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack. Enjoy or wrap and store in fridge for a few days.
Adapted from Everyday Cooking