We make banana muffins quite a bit in our home. Mainly because I keep buying bananas and the kids don’t seem to eat them as fast like when they were little. I recently tried this new recipe is a yummy chocolate chip banana muffin recipe with some hidden healthy ingredients the kids can’t detect.
They are really good and if you are a person who loves their chocolate this is a great recipe for you. Also this a great school, morning, and after school snack
Outrageously Delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
This post has been updated since 2013 when Cooking with Caitlin was active. I loved these muffins a lot and I think most people would agree with me. I liked this recipe because it was somewhat easy and it took literally no time whatsoever. Also, the muffins come out really nice and warm.
If you are making these as a special occasion, you can use fancy or colorful cupcake liners.
These are great muffins to freeze if you have extras. We froze them and took them out to defrost and enjoy. Simply defrost on the counter or in the microwave for a few seconds for a quick snack or breakfast treat. Who does not like chocolate in their banana muffin recipe?
If your kids won’t eat banana muffins and you don’t want them to eat chocolate muffins try these chocolate banana muffins for a compromise!
Is this a recipe your family would enjoy?
Other Muffin Recipes you might like:
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour**, You can use 1/2 whole Wheat Flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips , We used mini chips
- 1/2 cup Quick Oats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with foil muffin liners. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Mix mashed bananas, egg, melted butter and milk in medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients just until blended (do not over mix). Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. I like to use a ice cream scoop to make even sized muffins.
- Bake muffins until tops are pale golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out with some melted chocolate attached but no crumbs, about 20 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack; cool. Be sure to check them if you can smell them!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 315Saturated Fat 10gCholesterol 27mgSodium 167mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 2gSugar 19gProtein 4g