Thanks to SAN-J for sponsoring this post on what to buy from warehouse stores.
I was in Costco doing my: get ready for a school shopping trip and ran into a friend who asked me what I buy from here. It inspired me to write this post of what I buy and how I prep the items for easy dinners or quick-lunch items.
What to buy from Warehouse Stores
According to “How Stuff Works” they list the top ten things to buy in Bulk. I am going to share their list but read the article for their reasonings
- Dried Beans and Pasta
- Toilet Paper and Paper Towel
- Office Supplies
- Non-perishable foods–long shelf life food items
Well, none of the items I am about to share with you really fall under those categories but I think it is worth it. I buy things that make planning our daily meals easy and healthy.
Organic Meats at Warehouse Stores
I buy the ORGANIC CHICKENS when I hit Costco. They freeze easily and it is helpful to make 2 chickens at once so you can use the second one a few days later in a recipe that calls for already cooked chicken.
My husband recently tried using the rotisserie on his grill and just for the amount of time it takes, you might as well bake two.
Should you buy Flank Steaks at Warehouse Clubs?
FLANK STEAKS: They are so quick and easy to prepare. I will sometimes marinate them and then freeze them. This way I have a super easy meal waiting for me when we get home from all our events.
I always buy the multi-pack of pork tenderloins at warehouses. I then make this amazing Pork Tenderloin Marinade and freeze them until I am ready to serve.
This week I made Fajitas and Asian Marinades for the 2 steaks I purchased. Make sure you have plenty of SAN J Soy Sauce or Tamari LITE to make these marinades.
By using Tamari Lite in these recipes contain LESS SALT…GLUTEN FREE…Non-GMO..The flank steak would also be great cooked up in a healthy way to create Asian-inspired dishes like San-J’s Mongolian Beef Stir-Fry and Marinade Sauce. RECIPE FOLLOWS.
CHICKEN BREASTS at Warehouse Stores:
Costco has these packaged 2 breasts each so you don’t have to worry about them going bad or having a food sealer at home. If I wanted to marinate them first I would have to seal them well before putting them in the freezer.
Individual ORGANIC MILK FOR LUNCHES-
I have priced individual milks online and they have the best prices. Unfortunately, they do not carry plain milk so we go with chocolate.
Another great buy at our warehouse store. Kids bring them to lunch and I gobble down HUMMUS also purchased there.
- 2 lb. beef flank steaks
- 1 bottle 10oz. San-J Mongolian Sauce
- Score the surface of the steak with 1/4 inch deep knife cuts, about 1/2 inch apart, across the grain of the meat. Place steak and San-J Mongolian Sauce in a sealed plastic bag and marinate the meat in a refrigerator for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Take the steak out of the plastic bag and place on a hot grill. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the steak from the grill and place it on a plate. Cover with aluminum foil and let the steak rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak at a slight diagonal, thinly against the grain and serve.
How easy is this