Ok once I get a new cookbook it becomes addicting and I try multiple recipes from it as soon as I can! Although Father’s Day has passed, warmer weather of summer brings me out of the kitchen and out to the grill. My husband usually is the griller in our family but sometimes he is not home in time and I am out there. We recently got a new grill so no more worries about self-igniting the grill and the house! In this recipe, a long marinating time allows many powerful ingredients to penetrate the skirt or flank steak Here is one of our new favorite steak recipes, Mustard Skirt Steak Recipe from Barefoot Contessa and her latest cookbook Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust
Amazing Skirt Steak Recipe Ina Garten
This post may contain affiliate ads.
In the past most of the marinades I have tried for skirt steak recipes have been Asian based with soy sauce as a predominant ingredient. This Barefoot Contessa skirt steak recipe is toned down with mustard as it main ingredient. It also uses fresh Tarragon which I don’t think I have ever used before. It has a licorice type flavor, to be honest, I was a little nervous about this one! Amazing Skirt Steak Recipe- Barefoot Contessa Style is the best way to get dinner ready the night before or the morning before you are ready to serve. Make ahead meals are the best.
Another great reason to use skirt steak recipes is that you can usually marinate them overnight or longer which means dinner is easy as turning on the grill and making some sides. If you have not noticed I get very excited about make-ahead recipes.
Consensus: My husband loved this dish. It definitely had a more subtle flavor than what I am used to with Flank Steak but it sure was a moist piece of meat. What can I say another great Barefoot Contessa Recipe!
Skirt Steak is an inexpensive way to serve steak to a family. This recipe for Amazing Skirt Steak Recipe by Ina Garten will not disappoint.
HOW DO YOU LIKE TO PREPARE SKIRT STEAK?
- 1 flank steak, 2 pounds
- 1/3 cup dry white wine, like Pinot Grigio
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots, 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, 3 cloves
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- Score the top of the steak diagonally in a large crisscross pattern. This allows the marinate to penetrate into the meat. I have never done this before so this is a great tip!
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the wine, olive oil, mustard, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir in shallots and garlic.
- Place steak in a large Ziploc bag and pour the marinate over the steak. Scatter dried tarragon over the top. Close the bag and squish marinate over all of the steak. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Take steak out of the fridge ½ hour prior to grilling to reach room temp.
- Heat the grill to about 400 degrees. Remove the steak from the bag and discard the remaining marinate.
- Grill the steak about 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Just adjust according to your tastes and thickness of steak
Adapted from Ina Garten Barefoot Contessa Foolproof Recipe book
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 179mg Carbohydrates: 2g Protein: 9g
Other posts you might like: